PDA

View Full Version : Door Switches or Dome Light?

SteveDX89
10-28-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm set to install my alarm this weekend and was wondering when wiring up the trigger for the doors should I hook them up to the switches on the door jamb or tap into the dome light. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

RobT5580
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Last time i used the dome light since you can fish a wire through with the a-pillar off. The door switch is a good location but you have to pull the rear panel which is more work. I tried to locate the wire in the main harness but was a pain so i just ran one off the dome.

catalin
10-31-2004, 10:54 PM
Dome light because the door switches are isolated from each other. It should be a black with white stripe under the dash in a green connector ... I think. :)

Or you could just find the wire in the 'A' pillar like Rob mentioned.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
11-01-2004, 06:00 PM
The wire you want to tap into is located in the driver side kickpanel. The wire is black/white and is grounded when any door is opened. Here is a diagram of all the wires:
Wiring Info (http://zakm.front.ru/MIscelanious/wiring.jpg)

RobT5580
11-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks Catalin for correcting me i forgot about the door being isolated.

TheSummoner101
11-01-2004, 09:28 PM
just make sure that u dont turn the dome light to "off" otherwise i dont think it would work...

catalin
11-01-2004, 11:30 PM
No it will still work ok.. the switch on the dome light only controls the dome light not the input.

TheSummoner101
11-02-2004, 01:00 AM
No it will still work ok.. the switch on the dome light only controls the dome light not the input.
kool, thanx ill remember that next time :D

pendejo
11-02-2004, 09:56 AM
I justdid mine a couple weeks ago and tapped into the wire in the driver kick panel, like said before, black with white stripe. That was the easy part, trying to fish the +12v-siren wire through the firewall was the biiatch.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
11-02-2004, 07:10 PM
I justdid mine a couple weeks ago and tapped into the wire in the driver kick panel, like said before, black with white stripe. That was the easy part, trying to fish the +12v-siren wire through the firewall was the biiatch.

There is a grommet close to the gas pedal which is very suitable for wiring into the engine bay. It is originally unused so all you need to do is poke a hole in it.

pendejo
11-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I was only looking on the passenger side since thats where I mounted the siren. Good info, thanks. I had to drill a hole in my firewall for my amp install, so I ran the wire through that grommet, which was a tight-ass fit!

SephirXV
11-10-2005, 03:18 PM
The wire you want to tap into is located in the driver side kickpanel. The wire is black/white and is grounded when any door is opened. Here is a diagram of all the wires:

I have completely removed the fusebox, disconnected each and every harness, and none of the black/white wires are reacting as specified. Would someone care to be more specific then the wiring guide? Which harness? Hell, which side of the fusebox? I'm using a needle probe, I don't want to hack into any of these wires before I have to, they're so tightly bound that it's hard to wrap them if it's the wrong one.
Also, the guide says that the parking light output wire is red/black; I have no red/black, but a red/none seems to have done the job.
Is my wiring different because it's a HB or because of it's year maybe?

I would appreciate anyone's input

catalin
11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Door trigger may also be in the drivers kick panel and is black/white. Also I always connect in the extra ports on the fuse block for light flash... Check for positive current with you test light in the ports... I think it may be the second one from the left.

gluck

POS carb
11-11-2005, 09:07 AM
i tapped the door trigger to the safety indicator wire harness behind the gauges, I also hooked up the trunk input there. look it up in the shop manual

SephirXV
11-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Okay I finally found it. Reason I had so much trouble detecting it before was that I had to test for continuity 'backwards' (positive probe to chassis ground, negative probe to wire being tested). If I test the other way, it looks like no connection under all conditions. I knew there were a bunch of diodes in the circuit that combined the door triggers, but I never would have thought that it might be affecting my test. Thanks for everyone being so stubborn about which wire it was, if not for that then I may never have questioned myself so much as to try testing backwards.