PDA

View Full Version : Axle destroyed the motor?!

syphrvirus
10-28-2004, 08:24 AM
I am only labeled as a newb, but i have been using this site to my advantage for over a year now since i first got my hatchie. I put so much work into that machine but to replace a motor for the 2nd time is asking to much. I will be parting out my hatchie including a custom cut headers-back exhaust specifically for the hatch body length. But i basically wish to thank everyone for making this site so damned useful and good luck to all 3gee owners everywhere. But yes my axle binded on itself and locked the car up at 30+ mph, in gear. I thought it was only a tranny, but the tranny held strong and all the force destroyed my bottom-end causing "something" not shure what yet, to tear a big hole in the oil pan from inside out. I have never enjoyed any car i owned as mush as the 3gee.

RobT5580
10-28-2004, 09:03 AM
I dont see how the axle caused this? I think it sounds like something let go in the bottom end maybe. I hear your point about putting more money into it though since you already did it once and you certainly do have a big problem. If you decide to fix your car let me know i may be able to help parts wise possibly.