PDA

View Full Version : *New Signature Rules eff. January 12th*

87accordlxi
01-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Here's a quick rundown of the new rules effective January 12th:
1) Maximum dimensions must not exceed 150 pixels tall and 550 pixels wide.
2) Maximum image file size 30kb.
3) Text is limited to 260 characters.

First off, the dimensions of images in your signatures must be no more than 150 pixels tall and/or 550 pixels wide. We require this because overly large images disrupt the flow of a thread. Nobody likes to have to scroll past huge images that nobody cares about when all they really want to do is read what's in the thread. Also, our users on smaller monitors and resolutions will find it very irritating to have to scroll to the right to read every single post because your signature is too wide. This also includes multiple images. If for whatever reason you feel the need to grace us with two or more different images in your sig, then those images combined cannot exceed 150 pixels tall or 550 pixels wide. Here is an example of a 550x150 image:
http://www.87accordlxi.com/hosting/1-maxsig.jpg

Second, the maximum image file size must be 30kb. This is a major requirement because we have many users who still use modems and we are here to talk about 3rd Gen Accords, not wait for your 500kb signature to load.

Text in your signature (including vb code) is limited by vbulletin to 260 characters, effective immediately.

Now for some other loose ends.. As always, we do not allow any sexual, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable content in signatures. If any member finds your signature objectionable, then you will be notified. If your signature is found in violation of these rules, it will be deleted in its entirety. I used to send PM’s whenever a signature is deleted, but I got to sending so many that I’m sick of doing it. If you read these rules, then you will know why it was deleted. If we have to remove your signature three times, you will lose the privelege of having a signature. And yes, 3geez Administration does reserve the right to delete any signature that it solely feels is objectionable or in violation of these rules, or the rules of member conduct.

If anyone sees a signature in violation of the rules, please PM a mod or admin.

Thank you for keeping these rules in mind, and I also want to thank those of you who helped me out in revising these guidelines.