PDA

View Full Version : Corolla Kit?

Mattphi
10-28-2004, 09:12 PM
I was lookin thru Sport Compact Car today and saw an old school Corolla (with the flip up lights like ours) and i was wondering about the kits for those...would they fit on our cars? They look SOO similar. Has anyone tried this? :dunno:

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2004, 09:38 PM
i believe the corolla is considerably smaller than our cars, requiring a LOT of work to bodify them... i've thought about AE86 front bumpers on a 3gee before, and it looks too skinny... maybe we need to meet up and hit a junkyard and do some matching and see what we can come up with... iirc, the first generation legends have good looking front bumpers that fit prettw well on the front of our 3gee accords... just a thought... teg front bumpers look good, too...

88accordhb
10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
yes they are skinnier. my friend had a trueno and we matched them up. his was about a uhhh 2 inches shorter on each side. i forgot.

Mattphi
10-29-2004, 04:20 AM
yea man we definitly need to get us all together in jax for a junkyard meet or something. There are a few good ones, the one on Joe- Johns is not that great (theres only a few 3geez). Theres also one out on Normandy that i heard was good. We should call around and see who has the most in their yard. Im definitly thinking its time for a Jax meet

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2004, 05:42 AM
the one on normandy is where i go... last time we were in there, they had like 10 3geez...

smufguy
10-29-2004, 06:08 AM
look more into 1st gen Legend parts man.

Derick, you still working on the numbers right bro? I want the comparison pics or numbers if you got em in ur hands. thanks bro ((( Am i spelling ur name right? ))

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2004, 06:13 AM
yup, spelling it right...

and nothing at all checks out on the rear brakes... does seem kinda strange that so little matches, considering they are sister cars... still doesn't mean they won't fit... i'll capture some screenies with the pics and get em to ya... if i don't get em to ya soon, just PM the s*** out of me :p

smufguy
10-29-2004, 06:22 AM
yup, spelling it right...

and nothing at all checks out on the rear brakes... does seem kinda strange that so little matches, considering they are sister cars... still doesn't mean they won't fit... i'll capture some screenies with the pics and get em to ya... if i don't get em to ya soon, just PM the s*** out of me :p

the uprights, lower and upper c arms and stuff like that is what i would love to see. Thanks a lot bro.

od2681
10-29-2004, 07:17 AM
i was thinkin the other day..
like i saw a 93 5series BMW and the front bumper looked sorta trueno'ish...and seemed like it could fit the 3g...duno..just have to try it i gues.

NXRacer
10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
i've been working on trying to get a front clip from a GTS for a while. The Accords are 3 inches wider then the GTS's but from what i've seen on the body kits for them, you could trim off 1 1/2 inches on either side and they'd work.

this one from jubiride would look hott on the front end of a hatchback plus its got a big 'ol hole in the front for an FMIC.
http://www.jubiride.com/tmp/aero1_2.jpg

od2681
10-30-2004, 07:53 PM
man that would be sweet

sofaking_bob
10-31-2004, 02:58 AM

Derick, you still working on the numbers right bro? I want the comparison pics or numbers if you got em in ur hands. thanks bro ((( Am i spelling ur name right? ))

so since they are sister cars and all... "would" a legend kit fit relatively easy onto a g3? i like the eribuni one.. mostly the same as the one for the accord, just a little less boxy.. i mean.. how much modification would be needed? cost?

Justin86
10-31-2004, 06:15 PM

Yep there ya go. The 1G teg bumper will work with some minor changes, but the shell is a perfect fit.

smufguy
10-31-2004, 10:01 PM
so since they are sister cars and all... "would" a legend kit fit relatively easy onto a g3? i like the eribuni one.. mostly the same as the one for the accord, just a little less boxy.. i mean.. how much modification would be needed? cost?

as of now, i dont know since i dont have time to run those numbers. Once m outta school this december, i might get those numbers sorted out.

sofaking_bob
10-31-2004, 11:37 PM
gracias.

A20A1
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
https://www.andysaustosport.com/images/cats/exterior/Body_Kits/AAS/84-87corolla-frt1.jpg
Yeah I saw a simmilar front on Andy Autosports site... maybe I'll get one from them... length is easy to adjust if our car is wider.
Blood Line Kit

Vanilla Sky
11-03-2004, 04:46 AM
does andy's autosports make thier own kits, or just sell them? i would buy that kit for my sedan in a heartbeat... just so chiseled looking... looks like it should be there from the factory...

NXRacer
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
andy's autosports makes their own kits and i've heard the quality of construction is pretty poor and it usually ends up taking a lot of work to get the kits to fit halfway decently.

Vanilla Sky
11-03-2004, 09:33 AM
sucks that F&F is so poor... that's a nice looking kit... would be nice if we could get them to make that kit for the 3gee...

smufguy
11-03-2004, 10:22 AM
If its fiberglass then it will look like butt. thats why i hate cheap body kits or even body kits that are made outta fiberglass. and Urathane body kits are uber expensive. I like the way the stock bumper looks and i just wish we have a lip made for our cars so that it would be hella nice.