PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 3/4-2" Tweeters.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Well I basically have everything for my stereo system except tweeters. I think mine are blown anyway b/c I don't think I hear them. Obviously I forgot about them since I didn't get some aftermarket ones right away :) I plan to amp these and have crossovers in with my front speakers so they will be powered.

And I did get my flip out tv monitor and dvd/cd/mp3/vcd player working together. Everything sounds awesome (getting some spectrum v.2 for sound deadening products 3 gallons) but I definately need some good tweeters to bring out some crisper sound and so everythings just not bass. I have good treble now but I really like treble more than bass.

A guy at the store wanted me to buy $149 Boston 1" tweeters. But I figured I could get them a little bit cheaper.

I don't want those cheap brands or knockoff brands. Kenwood, Clarion, Boston, Audiobahn, Pioneer, Cerwin Vega, and Rockfords preferably.

3/4" tweeter would fit in the stock brackets. 2" could be modified to on the face of the grille in the dash.

Oh yeah this is all in my 94 prelude si.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Well I found some Kenwoods on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14943&item=5727480481&rd=1

I might not amp the tweeters and just use the stock wiring just so I dont blow them.

Sabz5150
10-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Surround sound!

Mike's89AccordLX
10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
That's nice and all but I need tweeters for my car not my house :)

z3bra
10-29-2004, 12:31 PM
it would much easier and prolly cheaper just buying the complete component set, just get 2 of these, and everything matches :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18799&item=5727736519&rd=1

make wanna hit ur doors with some of that sound deadening stuff

or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7929888464&category=38646

then you can push hella wattage 2 em, you can get Xovers cheap

Ludi Mali
10-29-2004, 02:39 PM
make sure to post up a good review of that stuff when you get it on. also if you can find tweeters with a silk dome, they sound a lot nicer, metal ones tend to ring at certain frequencies (like a bell)

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2004, 05:10 PM
if you don't mind getting drivers meant for home use, go to www.partsexpress.com and buy what you really need... they carry drivers that are used in $10,000 systems over there... i'm sure you can find some really nice tweeters there... PE carries lines from: scan-speak, vifa, dayton, audax, morel, focal, and more... they even carry ribbon transducers, which provide pretty much the best sound you're ever gonna get from an audio driver... at least when it comes to highs, and mids... my computer system has a set of planar tweeters and they are CLEAN... i would recommend them if you are willing to do some serious modding to get the PERFECT soundstage... otherwise, a good set of silk dome tweeters would do nicely...

Derick

Sabz5150
10-31-2004, 08:03 AM
That's nice and all but I need tweeters for my car not my house :)

I know ;)

accordlxi2.0
10-31-2004, 05:28 PM
i know this sound's way ghetto, the previous owner left the tweeter's why because one worked but was crackling.
so what i find some sony headphones laying around the hose because the jack on it did'nt work.
so i tested them out on my philips home theater, well it had alot of bass so i covered the holes on the headphone speaker, and in the magnet area it had a hole to vent out the heat, well it worked.

and i have them joined to my pioneer radio.
they sound good too.

jigga225
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM
please dont get audiobahn. whadelver you do.
I have some cadence components off ebay. they sound grreat.

Sabz5150
10-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Trust me dude, find some way to 5.1 that thing. If you've got mobile video going on, you'll blow their friggin minds!

Ludi Mali
11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
please dont get audiobahn. whadelver you do.
I have some cadence components off ebay. they sound grreat.

good choice jigga, cadence makes some awsome stuff(...beast master woofers nearly killed me, lol)