PDA

View Full Version : For you Turboers...

phoenxislayer15
10-29-2004, 08:50 PM
What all was required before you could slap a turbo on your Accord?

High Flow Injectors? etc...

mykwikcoupe
10-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Im gonna leave this up to the experts but id say if your going with like 4-5 psi your ok with larger injectoers. Anything more your looking at an afc hack or upgrading to obd1 to use uberdata or somethinhg. if you want to go super fast 300+ look at stand alones (hondata, aem ams) other than that your looking at all parts required. manifold, turbo, oil lines, WG, BOV, go to homemadeturbo.com and start reading

phoenxislayer15
10-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Not a very good site in my opinion...

A20A1
10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Did you read the FAQ's?
Go to the link below
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37169

It's not a complete list but it give you links to engine management, injector sizing, manifold construction, internal upgrades like rods and pistons, and other books for reference.

A20A1
10-29-2004, 09:37 PM
If you want specifics go here:
http://www.3geez.com/showpost.php?p=445631&postcount=8

That is in the link above, but it directs you to the post that Justin made; he lists what you need to turbo.

RobT5580
10-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Not a very good site in my opinion...

This is the best site for the accord by far. We just get tired of answering the same old questions. If you were serious about what you were asking you would have read the turbo topics and have seen tons of posts on exactly what your asking. So you can say what you want about this site but the reality is other sites would have bashed you for asking this question. Im on about a half dozen sites regularly for different information so you wont find this information on any other site pertaining to the 3rd gen accord.

nswst8
10-30-2004, 08:24 AM
You're pretty bold when you feel your asking some kind of new "OOH AWH" Question.

But then again "Opinions are like A__Holes, everyone has one and they all usually stink"

We're not your parents. Try doing something constructive like pulling your head out of your rear end :rofl: :lol: :cool: :ugh:

shepherd79
10-30-2004, 09:46 AM
This is the best site for the accord by far. We just get tired of answering the same old questions. If you were serious about what you were asking you would have read the turbo topics and have seen tons of posts on exactly what your asking. So you can say what you want about this site but the reality is other sites would have bashed you for asking this question. Im on about a half dozen sites regularly for different information so you wont find this information on any other site pertaining to the 3rd gen accord.
i think he was talking about HOMEMADETURBO.COM website.

A20A1
10-30-2004, 10:54 AM
yeah I agree, he wasn't refering to here.

RobT5580
10-30-2004, 12:39 PM
sorry i missed that part.....

nswst8
10-30-2004, 01:00 PM
I thought he was referring to this site.

My most sincere apologies :sadwave:

phoenxislayer15
10-31-2004, 07:44 AM
I love this site, just not that homemadeturbo site...

RobT5580
10-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Sorry about that i guess with the numerous repeat posts and the pms i get regaurding stuff covered all the time i jumped to conclusions. But i read a lot of forums including HMT and you just got to gather as much as possible when researching things. I can say people are less likely to help you in other forums and i think the worst part is a lot of the search engines elsewhere are horrible and not very functional IMO. The hardest part with doing stuff to a 3rd gen is that your pretty much on your own and doing something unique so its even harder to get answers. I ran into this when i did my turbo setup and i just tried to get the most reliable informaiton i could and the best tuner i could that knew honda's inside out because my setup was not simple to setup.

Robs89LXi
10-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Homemadeturbo.com is great, if you have a Civic. They ought to rename it homemadeturbocivic.com IMHO. Still, you can pick up a few ideas there, and get your feet wet in the boost world. Just remember that not everything you read there can be applied to our cars.

90AWDTalonTSI
11-01-2004, 01:40 PM
well thats the most uneducated response ive ever seen....hmt guys know their stuff...doesnt matter what kind of car you have....

justin89
11-01-2004, 04:02 PM
well thats the most uneducated response ive ever seen....hmt guys know their stuff...doesnt matter what kind of car you have....

well after all that web site will give you some thoughs about what you can do.if you know how to weld and know what does what and know the true purpose of the product then you can do anything to a vehicle.if a person can get a good look at a boosted diamond star(eclipse,evolution)then you can see what the basic parts/functions do. :bow:

Robs89LXi
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM

Yeah, you sound like a real brain trust speaking like that. How many 3Geez have you seen on that site? Nobody said they don't know their stuff, I just said it is just about all Civics that are on that site. Get a clue and learn to read before you go hurling insults.

A20A1
11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
I got some more grinding bits I was going to make a new opening in the front of the stock A20A1 manifold and butt up a turbo flange but i can't find it... the wastegate flange will take the place of the stock downpipe. The turbo I have acess to is small enough to clear the radiator... not sure about the fan though... but I'll manage whatever comes up. The turbo also has some funky ass 5 or 6 bolt flange for the downpipe... I always thought they had only 3 botls for the downpipe, must be some factory junk... anyways more updates later. Oh this manifold isn't for me... it's for an EFI owner.