PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer problems...

barber107
10-31-2004, 05:46 PM
The tachometer on my 1987 LX-i Hatchy isn't working at all. It does light up with the rest fo the dash, but other than that, I get nothing from it. I am waiting for my service manual to show up before I try to fix it unless any of you have a good suggestions on where to start.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been addressed, I searched and came up empty.

Matt

phoenxislayer15
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
I'd take off your gauge cluster and try to see if the cable is still plugged in. To take it off get a flathead and pry out your buttons from the bottom. You should see a little notch for it... Then just unscrew those, and pop off the cover on the top of it and get those 2 screws out. Then you should be able to get it from there.

Dutchboy
10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
i dont have my manual handy but the wiring for it will run off the coil so check the connectors there first
i dont know what fuse it is powered by but check all of them including the ones under the hood in the black box.....you just never know what someone else has done to the car..thats why i am always reluctant to buy used cars but nothing beats a 3gee! damn reliable cars