PDA

View Full Version : Battery Light

mossimo817
11-01-2004, 04:21 AM
:help: Hey guys...my 88" Accord seems to be sick :uh: I just noticed the other day that the battery light is on...I checked the belts and everything seems to be okay. I did notice though that it won't start when in park but only when I put it in neutral, it's an automatic. I have also noticed lately that when I pull up to a stop light, everything gets dim...the guages, the lights, and the radio even stops playing until I step on the gas...what do you guys think it is and can I fix it myself :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: ??? Any suggestions would help, thanks guys!!!

SteveDX89
11-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Your battery is dying or your alternator is on it's way out. Both are easy fixes that you can do yourself.

mossimo817
11-01-2004, 06:59 AM
How can I tell how to check which one the problem is?

TEXANHATCH
11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Do you remember when did you change the battery? If you dont remember or u dont know I will recommend go ahead and change it. Probably the alternator will have to be changed to because in most of my cars when the alternator died, the battery died too. Replace the battery is easier so just change it and get the system tested in autozone or oreilly.

BlueBead
11-01-2004, 11:20 AM
You should also check all of your connections: Battery, starter, engine-ground, & alternator. Clean them all!
Most likely your alt. went, but like the guys said; get it and the battery tested at an autoparts store. Good Luck

fobia assassin
11-01-2004, 07:53 PM
i had the same problem it turned out to be my alternator. so its your battery or the alternator.