PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have This Problem!?!?!?!? Help!

bigtymer
11-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, ok i took my 3gee, on a 6 hour highway tip from where i'm at to Grand Forks in ND. It burned and unbeleivable amount of oil. i had to put like 5 fucking thins of oil in it. 5!!!!!! Anybody no what the problem might possibly be??? Any help is great. Thanks Guys!

Sabz5150
11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Did it burn it, or did it leak out? Could be your valve seals going or your rings. Could possibly be leaking from your crank seals, oil filter base, oil pan gasket, or PCV box. Take a look under your car after you drive it and see if there are any puddles. Should give you an idea of where it might be coming from.

bigtymer
11-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Yea i checked to see if anythign was leaking out of the car. And it is secure, i've had it in my garage for a while, and there has never been any puddles or leaks on the floor. So it's kinda wierd!

justin89
11-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Yea i checked to see if anythign was leaking out of the car. And it is secure, i've had it in my garage for a while, and there has never been any puddles or leaks on the floor. So it's kinda wierd!

when you have the car running ,see if there is any smoke coming from the exhaust.blueish=burning oil,black=excessive fuel/oil,grey=possibly coolant
:uh:

Zman
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
check the pcv & the valve cover gasket. hell there cheap just replace it. mine did the same but not 5 qts as i drive 100 miles each way to work each way 5 days aweek. now it only consumes about a gt every oil change (3months) as i use synthic

phoenxislayer15
11-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Now that you mention smoke, eerie smoke comes from behind my PGMFI... At least when I open my hood that's where it comes from, I noticed it's coming from underneath too...

bigtymer
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Well i know that there is usually some bluish smoke coming from the tail pipe, usually when it's just running, or i hit the gas while in neutral. The other day i did a carb clean and i had to keep it idling high, so i couldn't let my foot off the gas. i kept it between 2500 and 3500 rpms. and there was a lot of blue smoke shit while i was doing that.

FatDave
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
:hsugh: stick a fork in that engine...its about done

bigtymer
11-01-2004, 06:01 PM
The smoke problem is fine now. there is always a lot of smoke when you do a carb clean spray. There's not much coming from the pipe now!

FatDave
11-01-2004, 06:12 PM
under 1 quart in 1500 - 1750 miles is ok, pull a plug out and take a look at it, if its really blow-by the plug will be covered in oil, if the car just smokes on start up its the valve seals, if its all the time like a mosquito fogger its probably the rings

bigtymer
11-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Alright, i'll giver a look, and see what i can see. hopefully i can determine what it is and fix the problem.