PDA

View Full Version : in dash tv/dvd question

Ludi Mali
11-01-2004, 10:32 PM
anyone know of an in-dash tv/dvd that doesn't hit the heater controls when its out.

pendejo
11-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Just check with the local stereo shop, they're supposed to know everything!

TheSummoner101
11-02-2004, 09:50 PM
i doubt u'll get around that...cuz if it doesn't hit them, that means its gonna be facing too low, that means u cant see sh!t on it, so i wouldn't take that route, i was actually thinking if it was possible to have a lcd screen fixed into the center console (where the cup holders/equalizer are suppose to be) that i think would look better.

Ludi Mali
11-02-2004, 10:04 PM
i know some of them can be extended outwards just not sure which ones and how far. is it tft's or lcd's that have the bad viewing angles, cuz that idea for down by the cupholder area is actually good if you can see it from the sides

TheSummoner101
11-02-2004, 11:45 PM
i know some of them can be extended outwards just not sure which ones and how far. is it tft's or lcd's that have the bad viewing angles, cuz that idea for down by the cupholder area is actually good if you can see it from the sides
i think lcd's have bad viewing angles..but it depends on what kind u get, the better ones have bigger range

my brothers portable dvd player has a 8" lcd display, and it has to be directly in front of you, or u cant see sh!t

Mike's89AccordLX
11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
I have a lanzar flip out tv and you can adjust the viewing angles and it seems like it would flip out far enough to have the clearance. I have it in my prelude, but that pretty much has the same issue with the accord. (sunk in stereo units)

Bryan
11-03-2004, 01:43 PM
You should just put a tv obove the glove box and have something fabricated in there. That is where I was thinking of putting one.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-03-2004, 01:49 PM
If you put it above the glove box then only the passenger would see it decently. You shouldnt drive and watch but what happens when your sitting in a parking lot or camping or just chilling in your car? Just mount it in the middle where it can be seen by others.

Bryan
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Who says you would only have one tv?

BITESIZE
11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
I Have my lcd in the glove box and can see it fine.

TheSummoner101
11-03-2004, 06:48 PM
You should just put a tv obove the glove box and have something fabricated in there. That is where I was thinking of putting one.
glare, sunlight might cause problems for that.

shyne_aiden
11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
You can get many different dvd players and then seperate screens so your dvd can fit in where your stereo would lay and mold your screen in the dash , hang from the roof, depends on the type and model you get.

smufguy
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Your best bet is gonna be having a goose neck stand for ur TV screen or having it below the radio utelizing the cassette storage space in the center console found in Se-i and the Lx-i. they are not hard to find, pick one up from the junkyard and fiddle with it if u dont want the goose neck. It will not be a in dash, but more like a in-console screen ;)

I Have my lcd in the glove box and can see it fine.

lol a good idea to have it there.

Ludi Mali
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
You can get many different dvd players and then seperate screens so your dvd can fit in where your stereo would lay and mold your screen in the dash , hang from the roof, depends on the type and model you get.

i was looking more at those all-in-one units, with the screen that flips out. less hastle for me to install.