PDA

View Full Version : Finders Keepers????

N-Man
11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Okay heres the deal....

These people that live 3 doors down from me got their house broken into. Then their lights got cut off so they moved out. They left all their stuff and never came back, so when they were oficially evicted, ppl in the neiborhood carried everything off except this...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/p3c131aef991e269c31a8dc285abd8e71/f661085e.jpg

It's a 3g hatchie. Its broken down and they never came and got it. It has been there for over 5 months and i want it cause my engine in my 3g is still good (wrecked the car) and my g/f needs transportation. The landlors already said i could have it but is it possible to obtain it legally? They were evicted legally and everybody took their property so doesnt the car count??

88accordhb
11-04-2004, 08:32 AM
cars have titles and owners written all over them. i don't know how youre gonna be able to transfer owners if they're not there to sign it. also if everything was like finders, keepers someone would have taken it a long time ago.

TheSummoner101
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
the car looks good, it be worth it to contact the owner and have him transfer over the title to you.....or be bold and move that shit in ur backyard :P the only problem is that u cant run it once u get it fixed up or just dont get pulled over and hope the orignal users dont report it as stolen....

NXRacer
11-04-2004, 09:18 AM
i think there is a way you can file for a new title on an abandoned vehicle. Im sure the appartment managers would be more the happy to help you get that car. Its taking up space in their parking lot. The local PD and or DMV should be able to help you legally obtain that car.

shyne_aiden
11-04-2004, 10:15 AM
jus snatch it and take the tags off it, put the old tags from yours on it, they'll have no clue, done a few times, seen it done many. Of coarse it is morally wrong and illegal but if it jus sits there no one cares for it, the landlord don't want it there, grab yer balls with yer right hand and go get it (don't let someone see you) unless you tow it then they'll jus think that it's getting towed (this i would suggest).

Yeah i know people on here r gonna have a problem with this, suck it up this kinda thing happen all around you at all times.

AccordEpicenter
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
thats great until someone reads the vins and find out they dont match.

nswst8
11-04-2004, 11:40 AM
And let them know that the car has been abandon, with the help of the landload it shouldn't be that difficult especially with an affidavit from the landload. But I would do it quick because the landload can call any tow service to have it picked up as an abandoned vehicle.
Good luck

N-Man
11-04-2004, 03:29 PM
what about the keys. the doors are locked. am i able to get them from a honda dealership??

88accordalltheway
11-04-2004, 03:50 PM
hire a lock smith to come out and make you a set, it cant cost too much.

N-Man
11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
well, i can flush the idea of gettin the car down the toilet. 1st the landlords told me i can take it if i want it now when i talk to them they say that their gonna give it to their son or nephew or whoever cause they need a car. i think they aready have 3. greedy m/f. they know i need the SOB. then she gonna ask me if i wanted to buy it. what kinda shit is that????

88turboaccord
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
The DMV has a 90 day lein that you can put on it. If the owner does not reply by then, than the car is legally yours---that is how the tow truck companies do it. It works, that is how I obtained my first car---1968 VW bug.

mykwikcoupe
11-04-2004, 07:13 PM
yep listen to justin hes smart you know. i got a 78 hiboy witha SB 400 in it. It was alittle rusty but jacked like the original bigfoot. Still have most of it. File for a lost title. I had to go through the dmv and was directed to state capital. Took about 90 days and paid like 60 for transfer and all that junk. I put abouit 100k on the truck. Great deal

shyne_aiden
11-04-2004, 07:26 PM
yeah i'd go do that get the lein on it before the lanlord screws you out of a car, screw him first!!!

MattsAccord
11-04-2004, 08:39 PM
It's probley not a very good idea to screw your landload over!!!!

N-Man
11-05-2004, 07:49 AM
yeah i'd go do that get the lein on it before the lanlord screws you out of a car, screw him first!!!

no, then their gonna raise my rent. i pay $50/month less then everyone else in rent cause they know i can barely afford it. so they can have the car. im still pissed though.

shyne_aiden
11-05-2004, 11:44 AM
no, then their gonna raise my rent. i pay $50/month less then everyone else in rent cause they know i can barely afford it. so they can have the car. im still pissed though.

Then cry why cry about it!!!

N-Man
11-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Then cry why cry about it!!!

like i said b4 THEY TOLD ME I CAN HAVE IT AT FIRST

Luis 89LXi
11-05-2004, 08:10 PM
if you will keep that car, take a look at this Lock set on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7932469168&category=33648&sspagename=WDVW

its almost same color, you're done.

Luis

Robs89LXi
11-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't think you can just put a lein on something that does not belong to you, unless that person owes you money. Chances are, they owe the landlord money, so he would be able to put a lein on the car to compensate for lost rent. Your best bet would be to find the owners, and make them an offer. Chance are, if they were evicted, and left the car, they would take just about anything for it.