PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor

honda
11-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know if an Accord 87 uses one or two oxygen sensors? Both code 1 and code 2 are oxygen sensor codes. I took it to a mechanic, and he said there was only one sensor? Is that correct, and if so what is the second oxygen sensor code about? Also, is there a way I can check the old oxygen sensor myself to see if it really is not working?

1 Oxygen Sensor "A" (Primary)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

2 Oxygen Sensor "B"
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

nswst8
11-04-2004, 11:57 AM
EFI has 2
Carbed has 1
If your car has over 50,000 then change them, Get the universal ones you can splice the wires.

shepherd79
11-04-2004, 12:37 PM
86-87 EFI used 1 oxygen sensor.
88-89 EFI had 2 O2 sensors

86-89 carbed had 1 sensor.

nswst8
11-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks, its always good to learn something new :rockon:

honda
11-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks, its always good to learn something new :rockon:

thanks. what is efi and how do I know if my car is efi or not?

Also, is there a way I can check the old oxygen sensor myself to see if it really is not working?

is there a honda info page that tells you what features your car has--someone else also said that 87 Accord has 2 oxygen sensors.

smufguy
11-04-2004, 02:55 PM
thanks. what is efi and how do I know if my car is efi or not?

Also, is there a way I can check the old oxygen sensor myself to see if it really is not working?

is there a honda info page that tells you what features your car has--someone else also said that 87 Accord has 2 oxygen sensors.

what model is ur car and where are you from? Checking the vin number should tell u what ur car is. For more info, check this site out. http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html <<< click this link to download whatever u want, they are in Zip format and the actual files are in Jpeg format.

buds302
11-07-2004, 05:18 PM
also an easier way to check is to open your hood look around if you see pgm-fi anywhere. you have efi(electronic fuel injection) also underneath your rightside taillight if it says lx-i you have efi