PDA

View Full Version : lookin for turbo manifold!

buds302
11-04-2004, 05:05 PM
i know its been asked and been told but anybody know where i could find one. or have one made without havin to drive 600 miles to get it made, maybe like a website or a phone number, something

UPDATE: found out where to get entire turbo kit.
i sent out an email saturday and got a response two hours later about a turbo kit. i said: "hi i am very interested in your complete turbo kit for
hondas. but i own an 89 honda accord lxi. it has an a20a3.now me and about 200 people are wondering if you can do a kit for us. now my brother gave me this site cause hes gonna buy your zc to ls head package soon. i can send you an exhaust manifold if you need a template. if its all good ill let people know but if it aint i wont tell them so you guys wont get a
bunch of emails of stupid ques. please email me back bcause there is nobody
in this world that wants to make a manifold for us. and those who already have it have a ghetto rigged setup with leaking welds and gaskets. WE
NEED HELP PLEASE!"
they said:"Ok well I will need some dimensions. Really to build a jig I would
need the car, but I can freehand it if I have the exhaust manifold and
dimensions from the engine bay, and front bumper. This way I know how to make the piping. I can do them and not only that but I will beat any
competitors price. Let me know. Thanks again"
thin i said:"dude you are the best. i need to know which dimensions you need and i can send you the stock exhaust manifold but i am using an aftermarket exhaust header on my car. i cant bring you the car unless you are close to me cause i cant get off work. please fell free to call me you can get a hold of me anytime on the number i provided or i could call you. your name is josh right? my brother let the word out about your web site on 3geez.com. so youll probably get a bunch of calls or emails about the same thing.but let me know what the price is and which dimensions you need and ill try my best to send you the dimensions i can. now i must tell you that there isn't alot of room in there but i have seen it done on other accords and its been all custom work and some people ended up bailing on it cause thay couldnt get a manifold.if you can do it i tell you now that this will open up a whole new thing for the 3rd generation accord. there arent many aftermarket parts available for this car. please help us! thanx"
then they come bace to me today with: "I would just need dimensions, so I know what piping to run on the intercooler, ect....The kits are going to sell around $3000+ Shipping, and will have better quality then any other kit on the market. Let me know. Thanks again"

some one let me know what to do. or if anyone is interested :deal:

shepherd79
11-04-2004, 05:25 PM
first, your sig is too big, so i am taking out.
second, there aren't many turbo manifolds, so you may have to make custom.

buds302
11-04-2004, 05:34 PM
that was messed up oh well ill find a smaller one, it was funny while it lasted. now about the manifold. man you live around here there aint no muffler shop or machine shop thats gonna do a custom manifold. their to busy building race cars and doin bs work to mess with it. if you find one that will do it then let me know.

AccordEpicenter
11-04-2004, 05:48 PM
nope gotta get them custom made...

johndej
11-04-2004, 06:00 PM
yeah, your going to have to do it yourself or have some kick ass connections

AccordEpicenter
11-04-2004, 06:23 PM
what kind of turbo did you want to run?

Bryan
11-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Get a custom one and be done with it. If you're gonna do the turbo set up the right way, be ready to drop some money into it.

smufguy
11-04-2004, 07:15 PM
i know its been asked and been told but anybody know where i could find one. or have one made without havin to drive 600 miles to get it made, maybe like a website or a phone number, something

1. No one makes aftermarket turbo manifolds for the A20 block

2. IF you need one, contact Sean (member on this forum) and tell him to make you one. U will have to run an internal wastegate mitsu/chrysl turbo and the manifold costs around $550 without shipping.

3. Even if you find a shop to make you one. U need to give them a used header from the junkyard cause we dont have a single piece exhaust manifold gasket so its not possible to make a header without an exact reference.

4. THIS IS IMPORTANT. No other turbo manifolds will fit this motor either directly or extra holes drilled. Nothing can be adapted to this block due to unique exhaust ports. If someone tells u that you can adapt a eclipse (DSM) header, well they are wrong. It works on the motors of accords from 90-97.

hope this clears up ur questions.

AccordEpicenter
11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
hmmm... depending on the price of flanges a log turbo mani would would just fine

A20A1
11-05-2004, 12:40 PM
If you don't want to use the A20 manifold, you can use the A20 manifold flange...

I used a cast iron flange to make my header... if you get the right materials you can weld up a strong log manifold using the A20 flange.
I used a hand grinder to cut thru the metal... it took forever... and one whole cutting/grinding disk.

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3786
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3796

AccordEpicenter
11-05-2004, 12:47 PM
id advise against using the stock flange... its gonna be prone to cracking especially when put up to the heat and pressure/weight of a turbo being cast iron. Id just have a flange made...

NXRacer
11-05-2004, 01:11 PM
if i had somebody in the area that could put up some money i know of a shop thats willing to do custom headers and turbo manifolds. i just dont have the funding to pay them for the work. I know they'd make a kickass manifold. I've talked with them and showed them seans design and how much he wants for it and they said that they could make a better one for cheaper.

now if i could just win the damn lottery. . . . .. :D

buds302
11-05-2004, 06:40 PM
ok stupid ques what is a log manifold? is that where there are not 4 equal pipes, but one pipe and the turbo flange on one side, leading to uneven flow?

Sean
11-05-2004, 07:45 PM
if your really serious and have the money to spend i can put you in touch with the people who used to build the kits for me. they still have all the tooling to make them

buds302
11-05-2004, 07:52 PM
how much r u talkin and how good is it

A20A1
11-05-2004, 08:04 PM
There really is not uneven flow as you may see it... but there are restrictions yes, or poor flow due to a sharp angle the exhaust will have to traverse.

If you want to see log styles versus longer tube style manifolds look at the header thread linked below:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37169
edit: I updated the thread to lable which were tube and which were log type manifolds.

buds302
11-05-2004, 08:20 PM
thanx man thats what i thought

Robs89LXi
11-06-2004, 06:39 AM
if i had somebody in the area that could put up some money i know of a shop thats willing to do custom headers and turbo manifolds. i just dont have the funding to pay them for the work. I know they'd make a kickass manifold. I've talked with them and showed them seans design and how much he wants for it and they said that they could make a better one for cheaper.

now if i could just win the damn lottery. . . . .. :D

Just how much did they say they could do it for?

Accordtheory
11-06-2004, 07:50 PM
or you could go buy a mig welder, a plasma cutter, a drill press, a couple disc grinders, a cutoff saw, and some piping..

Robs89LXi
11-07-2004, 06:00 AM
or you could go buy a mig welder, a plasma cutter, a drill press, a couple disc grinders, a cutoff saw, and some piping..

Yeah, but think of how much you could save on labor :lol:

Elijah
11-07-2004, 10:33 AM
there is a shop here that said they cam make the same one as mine.But with externall waste gate option fot as little as $450 canadain

Robs89LXi
11-07-2004, 10:39 AM
That's like around $375 US. Now that is more reasonable.

2old_honda
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
there is a shop here that said they cam make the same one as mine.But with externall waste gate option fot as little as $450 canadain

any pics of yours?

buds302
11-11-2004, 07:23 PM
read first post
very important :thumbup:
look up

smufguy
11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
read first post
very important :thumbup:
look up

pretty cool. U need to keep in mind that due to the engine tilt forward, they cant really make their manifold too deep. As in hang low. This will cause problems with the turbo inlet and exhaust, more for the exhaust if the turbo is gonna be the other way around (inlet on driver side). $3000 huh? what kinda turbo is that? Bet its an internal wastegate turbo with a log style manifold or something.

steven
11-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda Full Turbo Kit

CHECK THIS LINK. 11 SECOND PASS ON STREET TIRES!!! DH-RACING'S H22 POWERED CRX

http://dhracing.topcities.com/Videos/DaveStreetDrag.rm

Includes Fully Ported t3/t4 turbo, Our Dh-Racing Stainless Steel Manifold, Down Pipe, Blow Off Valve, Dh-Racing Tial Style Wastegate, Front Mount Intercooler All Connecting Pipes, FMU, Fuel Pump and All Hardware for install.

Available For ALL Honda Motors

NOW AVAILABLE FOR 2001 and UP Civic, K20 Motors, Accords, ect....

Price: $ 3300.00

smufguy
11-12-2004, 10:40 AM
steven, u should ask them about the stuff i posted in my previous post to make sure what they can do.

LOL, that video is of a guy jumping off the rev limiter like crazy and shifts worse than me :(. Anyway, 11sec is not bad, but i would love to see the real video at the tracks tho. Running on a FMU is not bad if its running 11s. I would love to see them actually do ours and be like, wtf????? ;) now the price for OUR cars would be fun to know ;)

bobafett
08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www.evolution-racing.com/store/exmanifold.htm

lookie what google found for me.

if u look at the exhaust ports and how close together they are. and the bolt spacing. it looks legit!

now if we can just find someone to make it for half the cost!

Vanilla Sky
08-25-2005, 09:48 PM
good find.

bobafett
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
thats not the point. and yeah its pretty much worth it. they all cost this much for this type of manifold, for a "retailish" price

im gonna scour HMT and HT and see if anyone is making these really cheap and can throw down an a20 manifold :)

Vanilla Sky
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
see if weir racing will do one up. i've seen the pics of thier DCOE manifolds for us, and they are great.

Rendon LX-i
08-25-2005, 10:19 PM
lol i knew that site along time ago.....Thats to much phucking mola thou...with that much u can have half your set up already....like me for example

A20A1
08-25-2005, 10:40 PM
He posted the manifolds he made on here a long time ago. I used the pics in the turbo FAQ.

bobafett
08-25-2005, 10:43 PM
hmm ill have to dig around for them. sure enough. same manifold in the pics ! :(

sorry i guess i jumped the gun on that one! ;)

Acid X
08-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Way too expensive!

rjudgey
08-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Well power isn't cheap, it's the only one available and as their all hand made and custom seems pretty reasonable to me, considering it's a kinda essential part if you want to turn more than 250bhp for that kinda power upwards $750 is pretty good, in U.K would cost me at least £400-500 to have one made up from scratch. Lets face it what else will give you 250+bhp potential that only costs $1000 or less?? Not a lot even twin Webers would set you back that and you'd only be looking at 140-150bhp with a stock engine.

3G Jester
08-26-2005, 10:10 AM
what about a couple of people splitting the cost and having it copied by someone who can work metal well for cheap? then you dont have to experiment with sizes, fittings and power production.
im sure there are a few people who trust each other in here enough to do this.

blahblahblah
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Well power isn't cheap, it's the only one available and as their all hand made and custom seems pretty reasonable to me, considering it's a kinda essential part if you want to turn more than 250bhp for that kinda power upwards $750 is pretty good, in U.K would cost me at least £400-500 to have one made up from scratch. Lets face it what else will give you 250+bhp potential that only costs $1000 or less?? Not a lot even twin Webers would set you back that and you'd only be looking at 140-150bhp with a stock engine.
$1000 or less...Humm....... thats $750 for just ONE thing...You still need a lot more to turbo

bobafett
08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
yeah rjudgey's right...

most people on 3geez are pretty thrifty.. the fact is, in the real world, if SSA doesn't make a turbo manifold for you ,your going to pay a lot of money unless u can weld or have friends who will weld for u. this is a nice looking manifold, and its not the end of the world to actually spend money on a well made product once in a while...

we cant always get away with the ghetto: intake from this car, springs from this car, brakes from this car attitude... the fact is we have limited options for turbo manifolds, in fact, custom, or this is our only options. I dont have anyone who could weld me somethng that nice. so i would consider buying it... of course i will try to get someone to make me one for less than that. but i expect it will still be $500 ish

Swap_File
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
G'damn.

$750 for a manifold? pffft.

That is apparently $750 CAD (Canadian Dollars), so in USD it would be about $625.

Still for that much I could buy a cheap welder from harbor freight and quite a bit of steel.

I am actually working on building myself a TIG welder for this purpose, but it will be a while since I am using all surplus parts.

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2005, 02:54 PM
really, though, even $750 USD isn't bad. a lot of good headers cost $500+. i'd assume that this thing is TIG welded sch40 steel. toss in yourself some flanges, and you are looking at $200 in materials alone, at the LEAST. with labor, and cost of running the welder, you're looking at about that for a quality piece. that's still assuming USD. if this is CAD, then with the conversion, this manifold is almost [i]cheap[\i]. i may go with this and a blow though set up with DCOEs some day. i think that would be very fun to drive.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Thats a really nice looking manifold... and I agree if the price is $750 CDN its a fairly good price, but if its USD then thats kind of expensive.

Looks really nice though.

RobT5580
08-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I wonder if it will interfere with the front engine mount? Im looking into possibly having a top mount style manifold made for the B20A. You gotta spend money for good stuff otherwise your have a shattered (SSAutoChrome etc) manifold because it was cheap gauge steel and not made right the first time. This is why Full Race gets $1300 a manifold because they are top of the line and will last a long time due to high quality materials and welds.

NXRacer
08-29-2005, 04:33 PM
you guys are a bunch of cheap bastards. :D Everybody who runs civic and even accords with those manifolds pay that much (if not more). You get what you pay for.

Busted_Blue
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
That is exactly the same price you would pay for equal length turbo manifolds as they are originally called.

Good find.

BlueBead
08-30-2005, 09:01 PM
The area code is canada (toronto) but the website might have USD pricing, which is common in canadian e-commerce websites

Pro_Mod_Accord
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
XXXXCELLENT FIND!!!!PERIOD! GOOD JOB! PRICE IS GOOD! IF YOU WANT SERIOUS H.P. TURBO SET-UP IS THE WAY TO GO WITH THESE BLOCKS! anyways only a serious buyer would invest in this product, costs a lot for a sweet turbo set-up ...good to see if you wanna run below 15 you could set it up...cost is always a factor...Thanks for letting us know!!! :rockon:

Justin86
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
damn why do I have to do everything around here that involves fabing parts............... lazy bastards. :D

the main reason they cost so much besides the complexity to make one but it is at least $300 in materials for SS, that is you don't get a business discount.

Swap_File
09-02-2005, 05:02 PM
The area code is canada (toronto) but the website might have USD pricing, which is common in canadian e-commerce websites

The reason I said it was CAD, was because when I began the checkout process, Paypal listed it as a CAD ammount, not USD.

I did not complete the transaction.

3gmodifier
09-04-2005, 02:45 PM
hey does anyone know how i can access that site. i accessed it about two weeks ago and know am ready to purchase it but now everytime i try to go to the site, this blue domino web hosting site thing keeps coming up asking for a user name and password to view an account. it makes no sense. i just want to get back on that site so i can get that manifold. please help!!!!!

bobafett
09-04-2005, 05:43 PM
shit your right... ill see if i can find someone to make them for us lol

Justin86
09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I belive Caleb knows someone with a fab shop in Salem that would make them if someone had the money to put down on one. I would make it but I can only weld mild steel until I can afford another welder.

3gmodifier
09-09-2005, 11:55 PM
hey thanks man. i know that it is a little pricey but you get what you pay for and i am willing to spend the money for a good quality maniflod.

damckinney
01-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used one of Tuner Toys log manifolds or if they know anyone that has purchased one of their log manifolds. I contacted them in regards to a manifold for the A20 and they informed me that they currently don't make a setup for the A20, but they have them for the B & D series engines. I got this reply from their sales associate by the name of Craig.

"We do not currently offer any manifolds for the A20 engine series. However,
if you can get five people into a group purchase, we will create a log
manifold kit for your application. Similar to our D and B series manifold
kits on our website, the A series manifold kit would have all the pieces
needed to assemble your own log manifold for the A series engines.

Cost per kit would be $179 each, and would contain the cylinder head flange,
T3 turbo flange, radius adapter, and the weld ells and tee fittings. We
will only do those for an order quantity of five units, special order,
prepaid, no refunds. It must be this way due to the initial cost of custom
making the head flanges.

Talk to your other A20 owners, and see what you can do.

Craig @ Tuner Toys"

If anyone is interested in the manifold then please let me know...or if anyone has any knowledge of this companies product please share your experience with us.

Their website is: www.tunertoys.com

bobafett
01-29-2006, 02:00 PM
thats a pretty good deal... it would need to be 'built' still though it sounds like... but thats a good price, and it would be simple to take to an exhaust shop to get it put together... :)

im quite interested...

b8er
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
forgive me if im wrong but i seem to remeber awhile back somebody posting a link to a website that showed a ramhorn mani for the a20, there was a bit of contraversy(spelling?) about it, and im not sure what happened with it, il try searching, anybody else know what im talking about?

military mase
01-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Are you talking about the full-race syle mani...The problem with that one just by looking at it was the problem of accsess to the sparkplugs & wires.

smufguy
01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
the madusa/ramhorn/snake manifolds, as they are often called, were made by a guy in canada for an equivalent price of $300 US. the problem with those are that they are full race headers are mentioned. they produce a lot of head and are good with a GT35r and larger turbos. T460 and up would better suite it. a Small equal length manifold or a design similar to a DSM/evo manifold would be great for normal daily driving.

bobafett
01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
i posted that link. a short time after posting it, the website was unreachable. :) i havent checked lately to see if it was back up. but they wanted 750 for the manifold.

military mase
01-29-2006, 06:04 PM
you'll come out better getting someone else to make it or make one yourself.

gfrg88
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
sweet!! id like to get one of those kits too, but this will still need to be welded together right?? this is a good if we can get enough people on here to buy this, maybe we can even try and get them all welded if theyre not already :rockon:

B16KILLA
01-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I guess i'll have to get one too.

Justin86
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
well 3000 isn't bad for a quality kit with basic turbo, esp with a low production custom kit.

bobafett
01-29-2006, 09:09 PM
yeah thats true. the lame-o greddy kits cost about that much. :)

damckinney
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
The guys that are interested in the manifold at Tuner Toys, just send them a email and just mention that you are inquiring about the projected log manifold for the A20. I will send my POC at Tuner Toys an email in regards to the ppl that are interested in the manifold. As the posted stated all they need is at least 5 people to go in on the group purchase before they will commit to building the kit.

Accordtheory
03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
If I remember correctly, the 88 or 89 lxi/sei has a tri-y style factory manifold, has anyone investigated the possibility of using that manifold to make a top mount setup using a simple 2 tube extension with a collector up in front about halfway between the engine and tranny? If not, you guys need to look into this. This has some really nice advantages, cost, heat shield compatibility, factory warpage/cracking resistance, etc, and high hp potential. I'm strongly considering doing this with my b series, but my stupid crossmember is in the way..

buds302
03-03-2006, 07:42 AM
wow!!! who drug this thread up???! man ayear and a half old! hey whatever. atleast someone still has the idea. Good luck to ya

Swap_File
03-05-2006, 12:44 AM
I know that right now you can buy a A20 exhaust flange with turbo flange and downpipe flange for $80 shipped at BMC Racing (http://www.bmcrace.com/), and then from McMaster (http://www.mcmaster.com/) get 2 90 degree 1.5 inch angles and 2 1.5 inch Ts (sch 40) for about $70 (pipe could probably be found cheaper locally).

This ends up being close to the price estimated above from Tuner Toys.

Hopefully a kit from Tuner Toys would be pre-tested, and would have less “surprises” during assembly compared to doing it from scratch. I have emailed Tuner Toys, but I have not yet heard back. I also put a post (http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234421) up on preludepower that quoted damckinney's first post. Some people there might be interested too (Prelude BT = Accord A20).

A20A1
03-05-2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.streetdynamics.com/b/turbomani.htm
Anyone ever see the port spacing difference between the F22 and the A20?
Look at the pics in the page... pretty nice log style, hack the F22 flange off... reshape the tubes to be oval in the vertical, grind the tubes flush to account for the distortion... weld on the A20 flange.

bobafett
03-05-2006, 10:34 AM
wow, i never noticed that! pretty cool... someone could buy an SSA dsm manifold and put a20 flange on there! :) sounds like a project!

A20A1
03-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Which DSM? I've seen other mitsubishis I think with simmilar spacing but the manifolds shown here all have equal spacing.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1359

hrm maybe

http://www.dnperformance.com/eclipse.html

I know other F series had equal spacing... maybe they ment those fit the DSM manifold.

bobafett
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
oh... yeah 4g accord guys use dsm manifolds and drill new holes and port match. i assumed that this would mean they were not equal spaced since the f22 in the picture has spacing closer to ours....

oh well... :(

Accordtheory
03-05-2006, 05:04 PM
at least look into what i wrote earlier..sometimes the easiest thing just makes the most sense..

p.s. FUCK ssautocrap. read up on h-t about those assholes