PDA

View Full Version : My New 88!! Electrical Issues, plz read

Red88Hatch
07-28-2002, 08:50 PM
I just got an 88 red HB DX and it has some eletrical issues that i can't figure out. I am only 16 and i dont know much about cars but i would like to know more. The current problem with my car is that if you leave the battery connected, over time if you dont drive the car the battery dies. Does anyone have any clues or ideas that i can do to solve the problem?? :confused: anything would help
-Lance

netfreak
07-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Your battery is dying or the alternator needs replacing.

A20A1
07-28-2002, 10:53 PM
or if you hooked up an amp or some extra electrical component it might be draining voltage somehow... :confused:

Red88Hatch
07-28-2002, 11:01 PM
I also wanna add that the battery is 1 year new, and my car was in an accedent before i got it (but i got it for free so no complaints) and i was told that the issue came up after the accedent, i really need to get this fixed as soon as possible :mad:

you can see my car here ----> http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=223756&page=1

monsonhonda
07-29-2002, 09:34 AM
hmmm, could be that one of the components in your car is permanently switched on, ie, draining power. was there any damage in the area of the headlights, oi believe they can get bent (the mounts or the frame of the light housing) causing the light to not actually close all of the way and continue to drain power as it attempts too. i dont mean the light will keep going up and down, it will just sit there, but draw power. i believe thei will eventually burn out the light motor too. you could do a simple test by leaving the lights in the up position with the auxiliary light raising switch and see if your car ends up drained. of course if this same problem is occuring when the light is up your power would still be drained. maybe your could pull the fuse for the head light servos, that would let you know if it is your headlight. also if someone installed a cd player in your car for you and accidently put the constant wire in the place of the ignition actuated wire and vice versa, your cd player in the car would be draining power. see what others say and give these a try, and if it doesnt work, keep trying, can only be so many things. course, batteries can die when they are only a year old if the altenator is f*cked and the battery keeps beaing charged up and run down. so have the altenatior checked too.

peace

fussell

rocky2
07-29-2002, 01:21 PM
If your 3-g has a rear defroster theres a problem
it drains battery if left on check that out,it happened once on mine.

shepherd79
07-29-2002, 01:37 PM
try to flipping lights on so they will stay on all the time. and make sure your amp is not staying on after you turn your car off.
i think you are having problems with your stereo. i think it drains your system.

Red88Hatch
07-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Heres the problem, i dont think its the stereo, i just install a new deck (the pioneer mp3 one) and i dont have an amp or subs yet, also i check into that fuse thing and it was already removed, the only think i can think of is to remove the front light and check for some wires that may have been damaged and are grounding out on the body of the car possibly. :huh: