PDA

View Full Version : I HATE 02 Sensor!

mag_pbg
11-07-2004, 08:43 AM
I bought a new 02 Sensor, well noe of my sockets would fit so I bought a socket for 02 sensors, put it on and ended up partially stripping the 02 sensor, and on top of that it boke the sensor in half!! Now im stuck with a stripped bolt and half of a 02 sensor! What can I do, I soaked the stupid thing on PB Plaster, was I just not turning it the right wayż I need some help fast, any suggestions are welcome I have to be at work in 3 hours!

86LXItooFAST4me
11-07-2004, 09:08 AM
lefty loosy, righty tighty. and what kind of socket did you use? did you use the 02 sensor tool or a deep well socket? and if you used a socket was it 6 point or 12 point?

and im cunfused on whats left of the 02. did you break it off at the threads or is the head of it still out? if its stripped your only other opion that i can think of is to get some visegrips on it and make sure it isnt a cheap pair, i had a shitty pair of visegrips that the teeth rounded off and just made things worse.

mag_pbg
11-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Well I got it off, we ended up just hamming a one size smaller socket onto it and using that. I used a acuall 02 sensor socket from Autozone. It was the stock 02 sensor, it broke right where the wires and everything goes into the threads.

86LXItooFAST4me
11-08-2004, 04:58 AM
cool. dont you hate it when that shit happens? so far on my engine pull ive stripped the head of a trany dust cover bolt and lost a wire mounting bolt. so so far so good, lol.