PDA

View Full Version : no power to headunit plug, interior accessories went kaput

Docta_PhiLbeRt
11-07-2004, 07:01 PM
so i finally decided to end my boycott against FM radio, cause stony brook U 90.1 kicks arse...

...anyway, i replaced the power antenna that was broken. the switch in my 88 accord did make a noise but didnt move anything in the window sill. so i stuck the antenna in there and snaked the wire through to the headunit, over the steering column and all the other stuffs w/o fudging up anything else (or so i think). so i ahd the stock headunit slightly out, working great with the new manual antenna, and decided to tackle another beig niusance

my 12v outlet/cigg lighter stopped working a week before :burn:

so i unscrewed the thing apart pulled out my trusty test light, and the wire had power! it was the plastic connector at the end of the outlet holding the ground and power... so i temporarily bypass the connector and the outlet works, so i put the radio back into place, and button everything up...

now NOTHING WORKS

:dunno:

the radio doesnt work but gets power from one ?? pin in the harness, the dome light,12v outlet and interior door lights dont work, everything else works fine

and i have another 12voutlet installed in the dash perfectly but dunno how to go about connecting it cause i dont wanna blow shit up...yet :pc:

Mac
11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
When you bypassed your cigarette lighter you might of accidently shorted something. Check fuse #13 in the under the hood fuse/relay panel. That might take care of your dome, door lights and outlet.

As far as the radio you should have 12v on the white/yellow wire with key off. And 12v on yellow/red wire with the key on.

Docta_PhiLbeRt
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
k , for me, this electric stuff is the equivalent to being blindfolded piloting a jumbo jet...

radio is up! however the insides of Philbert are left in the dark..
well thats a load off... a blown fuse i overlooked more times i could admit
:rolleyes:

Now, how do i cleanly wire up my extra 12v outlet? can i run a jumper off the fusebox, or is there a better way to do this? what guage wire should i use? its gonna run my 1000 w power inverter and compressor etc so i want good power and dont want to fry anything
the wire to the stock outlet is pretty small imo..

anyway, musak is back and my freebee cd player goes in tommorow :rockon:

POS carb
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
a 1000 watt inverter should be harwired to teh battery... I hope it has a remote on/off wire, too!