PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Removing Aftermarket CD Deck

natedawgydawg
11-09-2004, 10:54 AM
I have a JVC Cd Deck that i am trying to remove so that I can hook up my radio, so that the remote wire for the amp will work. (previous deck, subs, amps stolen, thieves cut radio wire short, so Future Shop did not hook the radio back up when i got the new deck installed by them)

After messing around with it all morning, i decided to read the manual, and found out that there are two L-shaped handles that are needed to remove the deck. (They insert beside the sleeve)

However, even though the handles were supposed to come with the deck, I can't find them, and the deck was installed over a year ago so theyre long gone now.

So, after trying the "Search" option, I have three questions:

1) Is there an alternative to the handles for removing the deck? (It doesn't seem that the Future Shop installers bolted the deck to anything, so it should slide out)

2) After hooking up my radio wire, should this solve my problem with getting power from my amp? (Because when I hook up my power and remote wires, I still don't get a power singal from the amp)

3)This is a little off tangent, but it seems that I have 2 remote wires, one is black and the other black and white, seperated with a butt connector.
What does the other wire do?

edit: since im already asking, im also wondering what the thin wire that runs along my monster cables is for? is it some sort of ground, or shield? and also, there is a black wire that runs along the driver side, which runs up towards the back window, and connects to a very small black box, which has an adhesive backing for sticking to the top of the back window, does anyone have one of these or know what this is for? (from previous owner)

TheSummoner101
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
the stock sterio had two screws in the back, if u get down next to the shifter and look up, u should see a black box thing, remove it and u should see a place where the stock sterio was mounted.

the sterio u have now is most likely isn't screwed in, rather most have a metal bracket on the perimiter of the sterio that u put in the hole (place for sterio) and secure it with small metal tabs; and then the sterio will slide and lock into the bracket. (dont know if im making sense, but im trying)

i reccomend removing the ash tray and the top metal part where the ash tray is (has three screws), center console (if u have one) and then u can get a clear view of the sterio, then u can probably reach on the right side of the sterio to see if there is anything holding it secure in there.

sorry i dont know much about amp hookup. but u should have one power wire (live power direct from battery), ground wire, remote wire (to turn amp on or off, u can use auxilary cable) and wires going to your sub(s).

Neuspeed87lx
11-09-2004, 08:13 PM
some cd players you need a special tool to take out .... like all ford cd players you need these u shaped tools ... and you slide them in the side of the cd player and it releases the tabs holdin the cd player in...... they must make universal tools for the jvc players.... -

Neuspeed87lx
11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
for your second question ...is the amp comming on and your just not getting a signal ? or is it not comming on at all ? make sure you have a good ground....all fuses are good ... and the remote wire is connected .....the wire thats runs along your cable is your remote wire mabey ? the other wire going to the box could be a antenna ?

natedawgydawg
11-10-2004, 05:59 PM
for your second question ...is the amp comming on and your just not getting a signal ? or is it not comming on at all ? make sure you have a good ground....all fuses are good ... and the remote wire is connected .....the wire thats runs along your cable is your remote wire mabey ? the other wire going to the box could be a antenna ?

yes i found out (after jimmying the deck out with a small screwdriver) that the thin cable running along the monster cables was indeed the remote wire, hooked up to the antenna wire of the deck

i pretty much have it all figured, except i still don't know what that black /black and white combo wire (seperated with butt connector, runs under the driver's seat into nowhere) does

thanks everyone for the help, subs sound fairly good