PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Maxspeed coilovers?

Big Body LX
07-29-2002, 05:39 AM
If so.. what are the spring rates?

If you don't know how to read the spring rates they should (hopefully) be listed on the spring portion of the coilover assembly. There should be a set of 3 or 4 numbers that are separated by a period. Please post em up.

BTW.. not sure if they make these for the 3rd gen that's why I'm asking. A softer spring rate for the 4th gen Accord will work nicely on ours.. (example: 400lbs spring rate coilover will be nice and stiff but not too stiff for a 3rd gen but 800lbs would be unbearable)

Jims 86LXI HB
07-29-2002, 07:10 AM
It has been my experience when finding out all the springs rates for our cars that most of the coilovers are made my other companies. And that either the other company didn't tell them the spring rate they made them to, or they simply don't care and don't know. If it wasn't a ground control, that's what happened.
If your tuned in to spring rates, just buy the ground controls. Import forum after import forum will all pretty much come up with the same answer, when the question comes up,"what's the best sleave coilover"? Ground-controls.

Don't bother with springs that are stiffer than the the ground-controls or suspension techniques 2" drop 350 front, 365 front respectively. Unless your planning or purchasing some revalved Bilstiens like I have. Stock Koni's are the best strut out of the box, but they are not powerfull enough for any spring that's stiffer than what you can normally buy for our cars.

My revalved Bilsteins were revalved for 350-400lbs spring rates.
It's depressing to know I'l never get a chance to intall the springs I really wanted for them:crying:

Big Body LX
07-29-2002, 03:40 PM
The only problem with Ground Controls is the price. I know you pay for quality... I've been riding on coilovers for 2 years now (5th gen had em) so I know...

Jims 86LXI HB
07-29-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Big Body LX
The only problem with Ground Controls is the price. I know you pay for quality... I've been riding on coilovers for 2 years now (5th gen had em) so I know...

Well I can't argue that one;)

You might be able to find out the spring rates for the weapn R coilovers, but their price isn't that much less than Ground Control. And maybe you can call toucan industries, they make the reative coilovers (90-97 accord)

What coilovers have you been looking at that are in the price range you wanna pay?

A20A1
07-31-2002, 01:05 AM
I've got max speed... badoing badoing badoing... I;m going f***ing mad! .... lol

the top hads on the rear has gotten chewed up from the spring poping out of the top hat and then sliding back into place...
this is only for the rear... the front is great.

this it maxspeed 90-97 accord coils.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Mike how do you like your coilover's eric (pos carb) was asking about 4th gen coilovers?

A20A1
10-11-2002, 02:14 PM
I love them I just need some shocks cause I guess I'm supposed to get gas charged ones, but I skipped that part... too much money in the way of me trying to drop the car more then my cut springs.

Anyways I've driven them all out taking some mad corners on the stock rims/tires and nearly sliding a hitting the curb... but luckily the tires grip and I straighten out.

after i got the 15's with the dunlops, i didn't slide... in fact cornering became sharper. problem is the tires wore out on the outside... the inside still looked fresh... I still don't see a camber problem where the insides of the tires would get bald. that why I assumed the camber eventually self adjusted through constant stress...

you can bottom out at the lowest setting, but again I don't have the proper shocks, just some old stock ones that I had on when I got the car in 98.

I'll see if they have the spring rates... I know there are #'s on the coils.

89AccordNate
10-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Is that a tv in your dash or is that a good photoshop job?

Nate.

Big Body LX
10-12-2002, 04:05 PM
That is a 7" widescreen in my dash.