PDA

View Full Version : Need your guys help

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Well it's been a long time but the honda has brought me back.

Here is the problem. My horn and cruise dont work, this I dont care about. THe problem that it brought along with it is a terrible draw on my battery. I can pull the #4fuse under the hood and the draw goes away, so this leads me to believe that the relay for the horn is stuck open, But I cant find the damn thing! I called the honda dealer up the road and he said it was on the fuse panel under the dash. WRONG!

So where is this thing? Or what do I need to be looking for?

Oh yea I did search and tried to download pauls manual but the electrical part doesnt come up.

hondamanlxi
11-09-2004, 04:16 PM
i think its on the fuse panel under the hood... dont expect it to be labeled "horn"

Mac
11-09-2004, 04:54 PM
I can pull the #4fuse under the hood and the draw goes away, so this leads me to believe that the relay for the horn is stuck open, But I cant find the damn thing! I called the honda dealer up the road and he said it was on the fuse panel under the dash. WRONG!

As far as I know, there is no relay for the horn. It is wired from the fuse right to the horns. Then a ground is applied to horn when the switch is pushed. Check the connections on each horn. Maybe one is corroded. Or it could be in the cruise system.

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 05:41 PM
It's not the connections for the horn because they are not attached, first thing I thought too,pulled the wires off the cruise switches too. The Horns are unplugged also.

Im kinda at a loss.

Anybody got the wiring diagram?

Mac
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
You can down load the manual right from this site. There is a sticky in this section where you can find it. Here

Fuse #4 is also for your brake lights. So it could be a brake light or wiring to a brake light. Don't forget to check the high mount brake light.

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
I finally got that to work, and Im looking at the diagram right now. I couldnt get it to come up at work. Now where are the brakelight switch, and the control unit?

Mac
11-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Brake light switch is on the brake pedal. Get your head down by the pedal and look up.

The control unit is by the antenna motor.

Put fuse #4 in and see if any of the brake lights are on without pushing the brake pedal.

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 07:37 PM
They dont stay on with the fuse in. They work like they should until I pull the fuse. Thats also when the draw goes away

Mac
11-09-2004, 07:40 PM
They're not on, not even dim without pushing on pedal?

Mac
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
You might want to check the brake light sockets. Check the wires and look to see if they are corroded.

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 07:45 PM
no, they shouldnt be on if I dont push the pedal

The taillights work fine too if thats what you mean

Mac
11-09-2004, 07:49 PM
no, they shouldnt be on if I dont push the pedal

Yeah I know that. But if they are on, even dim that could be what is drawing power. That is what I meant.

AdAm88lxi
11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh ok I misunderstood you. No they are not on at all.

POS carb
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Fuse #4 powers 3 things, the brakes, the horns, and cruise control. it could be a short. With the key off, unplug the brake lamp sensors on the taillights and also your horns, then in the fuse box get an ohm meter and test the resistance between the positive lead (fuse #4) and ground (make sure you test both of the terminals where the fuse plugs, I don't remember which half is hot). The resistance should be infinite. if it's low (like 2 ohms or less) you have a short circuit in your wiring. most likely it's the horns. Try that and let us know what you get.

AdAm88lxi
11-10-2004, 08:32 AM
I havent got the chance to check the fuse panel yet. I did nothice that when I put the fuse back in that there was a click form my passenger door. Did the lxi have something that popped the locks on both sides when you turn the key? Or what the hell could the clicking be?