PDA

View Full Version : XM/Sirius antenna under rear glass?

w261w261
11-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Has anyone installed a satellite radio antenna under the backlight of a sedan?
I'd like to do something like that, so as not to have the antenna so visible and maybe interest some unwanted guests in my sound system. Thx

TheSummoner101
11-09-2004, 07:34 PM
under the backlight? that be a bit complicated dont u think? or i might not be getting what u mean. well for any antenna to get good reception, u gotta have it mounted at a place where it can get good signal, whats the point of having satelite radio if it dont even sound clear.

IMO the satelite radio is just BS, i wound never pay 10$ a month for just radio where i cant even skip the songs :S

well the best place is on the top of the roof like most newer cars....and get a good security system (if u got money for satelite radio, u should be able to get an alarm) and and just dont show off :) people usually go for subs/amps when they steal a car for audio, and if u dont have anything, dont be worried, and if u have good sterio, remove the face plate.

hope it helped.

edit: sorry i just re-read the title, makes sense now, i think it might be good under the rear glass.

MIK3
11-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Put it so that it the back of the antena itself touches the back of your seat, right behind your 3rd brake light. That is where mine is located. I got my service from my uncle, so it's cool. Reception should'nt make a difference whether it is on the outside or inside of the car. Theft is a major issue when the antena is exposed to the surface of your car and, if the antena is ever pushed or something, there's a nice scratch on your car's top. Hit me up for wiring, I have it to where 95% of the wire is not exposed.