PDA

View Full Version : Easy Carb CAI? (IDEA)

EvilPenciler
11-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Well I don't know if it's possible nor do I know if it's been asked but I was playing with my heater hose and noticed that my carb has been taking a while warming up now that its colder and it isnt getting the heat. But the place that the heater hose connects to the weird looking black thing ( I don't know what they call it ) but what if you ran a CAI off that down to the front of the wheel well? Think it might work ( fuction well )? I understand that the heater hose is a bit smaller than a desirable cai but that can be fixed right :lol:

FLAME AWAY. Or you could just leave some good
constructive critisim.

-E.P.

*edit*
I know someone is gonna say '' nothing is easy ''
so I meant to say Easier than fabricating a custom mount or whatever you wanna call it.

A20A1
11-10-2004, 01:40 PM
you mean adding a pipe to the stock air box?
That isn't worth it cause the stock pipe already gets cold air from the fender well.
If you remove the internal filter in exchange for running a pod filter on the end of the new intake pipe down to the bumper you run the risk of sucking up oil and dirt form the header heat shield and the PCV filter.

What most people do though is try to remove the stock restrictive air box and run with a intake and pod style filter. This requires custom adapter.

Or you can cut open the sides of the air box getting rid of the restrictions, but you get hot air.

If you're talking about the pre-heater hose... it only sucks open air when the air temp is cold. The diaphragm above the hose controlls the door that blocks the intake pipe and opens the hot air door.

EvilPenciler
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks man, that post helped me.