PDA

View Full Version : Damn Window! So Annoying

88lxiriverside
11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Ok.. so one day i roll down my driverside window and when i pushed the button up the window didnt catch. It only went down. So now my window has been stuck at the bottom for the last 2 weeks. I figured it was the Master power window switch. After getting a replacement off ebay, i plugged it in, and it still didnt work. All i hear when i push the button up is a clicking noise... i have no idea what is wrong with the window and why its not going up. If anyone has any info... please let me know cuz it sucks driving around with your window wide open... especially when it rains. -kyle

Go90go
11-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Seems like something is blocking the glass from coming up and the motor is trying to get past it. Don't try any more with the switch because chances are you'll blow your window motor. Take off the door panel and have a look inside, maybe something got loose and is jamming it.

~Cheers~

POS carb
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
dood it's the wires going to the switch on your passenger door or the actual door switch. get a manual and start jumping wires. If you can wait a bit till I get home I'll figure out a test for u... it happened with mine too... I'm sure it's the wires, it would be really wierd for any of the hardware to just break except that dumb helper spring and basically your window would act funny but it would at least move

for now get a positive and a negative and connect it to the 2-pin harness that goes to the window motor. if it doesn't move reverse them.

Underdog
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
I had the same problem. It would only sometimes work. When I'd press up, it would make a quiet clicking sound. It's probably the little black power window control box which is above the speaker, you gotta remove the door panel to get at it. Anyways, when you open it up, some of the contacts will probably have carbon deposits on them. Clean them up, or since I'm cheap and didn't have any, I sprayed some electrical cleaner stuff on it and plugged it back in and my window has been working for about a month since.

88lxiriverside
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Yea... i took off the door panel and sprayed some electrical cleaner on the plug and lil black box connectors. I still hear the same clicking sound... it moved once but..yea... still dont work.. what else do you think it could be?

Nate2310
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
mine used to do that..........I bought new regulators and motors for both the front windows for www.a1electric.com.

both work like they were straight from the factory now

3gn86lxi
11-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Yep..... I work in auto glass, I fix this kind of shit every day. It's either your window regulator, or motor. Can you hear the motor working when you hit the switch? If you can, you may have bad teeth on the regulator, could be bad on the motor also.
Pull the panel all the way off and see whats going on when you hit the switch, and go from there.

Underdog
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
You gotta open up the black box and spray it on the circuit board, that's where the carbon deposits are.

88lxiriverside
11-11-2004, 08:20 PM
how do i open the black box? theres no screws for it

3gn86lxi
11-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey.....before you open something and screw it up, can you hear the armeture working. Going up and down I mean???

88lxiriverside
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
i opened up the black box, and sprayed the whole thing.... there are 2 little white boxes where the clicking sound came from.. i put it back on... and the window rolled back up.... at least i know what the problem is now.. but it still doesnt roll up sometimes... better than b4 at least

3gn86lxi
11-11-2004, 09:38 PM
cool :thumbup:

Underdog
11-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the black box is a beast to get open. Took me a while to figure out how to get it open.

B16 ED9
11-11-2004, 10:44 PM
back when i had my accord my drivers side window would go down but hardly ever come back up. i thought it was the motor, so i replaced the motor and that was fine, then i replaced the relay in the door, and solved the problem completely

88lxiriverside
11-14-2004, 07:12 PM
does anyone know where i can get a replacement black box?

88accordalltheway
11-14-2004, 07:18 PM
go to a yard, or ebay that shizel....wait, there are a bunch of people on here with parts cars, youll find someone