PDA

View Full Version : B18c1 accord not starting

Timothy
11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
I just got done with my b18c1 swap. when we went to start it it turned over but it wouldnt start. My budy checked it out with a scaner and got a timing code. Were going to check out everything on it that is timing related but were pretty shure that every thing is right. Is there anything wireharness related that I should also check out. Or has any one else had this problem. I know that not to many have done this swap. Im also afraied that PlaceRaceing Screwed up My Ecu, and didnt program it right. Any help is good help thanks in advance.

SteveDX89
11-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Did you get your wire harness made at Place Racing? If so, check your distributor wiring. Mine was facked up when they sent me mine and it would turn over, sputter for a few seconds and die. I had to re-pin the ECU plug so that the wires were in the right places.

shepherd79
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
oh sounds like the same problem Steve had on his accord when we did his swap.
you have to trace the 3 sensors inside the distributor. For some reason PR doesn't wire them correctly. it is easy to fix. you just have to find where the wire is going from the distributor to ECU. after that all you have to do is move the pin to right spot and you are done. it was easy fix on Steve's car.