PDA

View Full Version : rear upper balljoint broke

Burban88
11-10-2004, 07:31 PM
What a day I had. I left for work 5:20AM I heard some noise coming from the back of the car. I didnt think anything of it(to tired to care)so I kept going. I got about a mile away came to a stop turned right. I started up the hill accelerating and the car started to wobble I was like wow what the f...k. By this time there was a constant loud rubbing noise. Still wasnt sure what was wrong and I slowed to about 25 mph. So finally I came to a spot to pull over and I checked it out, the tire was leaning in like some one had loosened my lugs. So I was about 2 miles away from home so with the wheel rubbing the spring and the rearend of the car sagging I didnt what a tow bill on top of what I had to fix. I turned my four ways on and drove back at about 25 mph. I got all the way to my garage and booom the tire blew out. That scared the shit out of me never had that happen to before. when it was daylight I looked and the ball pulled right out of the socket and was rusty. The socket was oblonged. I checked the other side it wiggled pretty good so I replaced both threw the spare on and went and bought two new tires. total bill for not checking my car out once in a while $220. Just before I parked the night before I was doing 90mph on the interstate, I guess I was lucky! :bow:

keruhas184
11-10-2004, 08:48 PM
had same thing happen to my car a few years back. I also saw quite a few broken down 3gs with exactly the same problem. I guess the rear bjs aren't too stong on our car... or maybe people just neglect them?

So you already replaced your control arm with bj?

Burban88
11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
yeah had to it's my daily driver. Been working on painting it flat black, neglected everything else. Just borrowed buddies mig because stick welding a patch panel just doesnt work. should have it finish by next weekend.