PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for radio and clock memory

pinoi_dude
11-10-2004, 08:39 PM
ummm...i jus put in a new head unit in my car that my uncle stole from his friend.. and after i installed it the clock keeps on reseting and the memory on the radio dont work..like it wont save radio settings, and treble and bass settings. also, when i keep a cd in there and i start the car..it comes out...and i already changed the fuse on the radio and made sure everythings on the right place..i dunno wut to do...

TheSummoner101
11-11-2004, 09:04 AM
fuze #11 under dash i think and also check the one under the hood.

Mac
11-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Where did you connect the yellow wire from the radio? It should be connected to the White/Yellow wire in the car.

Does your car clock also reset every time you start? If so, check fuse #11 in the under the hood fuse/relay panel.

Brentm
11-13-2004, 12:34 AM
seems more likely (to me) that it would be wiring, your constant power wire may not be constant. But check the fuses, you never know

pendejo
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I had a simlar problem, it was the underhood fuse. Also, go get a test light and make sure you have the the constant and switched sources hooked up correctly. Yellow is constant, hook up test light with ignition OFF, the light should light up, if not, fuse is probably the culprit. Red wire is switched, turn key to ON and it should light up. Then all you have is ground(black) and speaker wiring. If you have an amp, blue wire is the remote source. If none of this stuff works, then have fun rewiring that bad boy.