PDA

View Full Version : where to go next

gp02a0083
11-11-2004, 08:26 AM
hey guys , newbie here, looking for some stuff to do to my 89 HB , i know im gonna go with tinting the tails b/c the car is black , but is ther any other cheap mods like the cold air intake that i can do with my 89 hb auto? also before i tinit the tails im getting water in the back some how and the rear tails are foging up, i jsut recentally put in a new hatch glass but i know i used plenty of urathane to seal it

TheSummoner101
11-11-2004, 09:13 AM
try silicone to seal it, works better. cold air intake isn't easy to do, and costs a bit of moeny. what kind of engine r u running in that thing? carb'd or EFI? Check out the how-to section there is plenty of good mods listed. if your going to tint the tails, tint the front sidemarkers too, it will look pimp :D also u can remove the orange reflectors in the front bumper signals.

post some pix of your car!

88accordhb
11-11-2004, 09:13 AM
how bad is the fog. most to all hatches have seen get a bit on the right tail.

as for mods it really depents on wat you wanna do. if you want performance start with I/H/E. and performance wise, youre not gonna be able to do any "free" mods due to the fact that free mods wont make youre car any faster. if you have an lxi, buy an intake from a da, 9-93 integra (just a bit of work to fit, many have done it.) if it's carbed, make youre own adapter, it's easy. find an aftermarket header, it's floating round on the forum. and exhaust the shop will do for 200-250 bucks.

in the appearance department, there's tons of things you can do, just be careful not to rice it out. personally i like a lowered car, that's the first thing id do to any of my car. get some springs, new struts and a camber kit, or lude control arms. but again it will take a good amount of poor man's money to do so. and yah, tint your tails to the max since your car is already black, i think it'd look awesome. and you kno, get some wheels and i think you'd be set, i like lips too, makes the front end look more agressive.

good luck

NXRacer
11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
it says LXI in his sig guys

help it breath. Intake, header and exhaust are the top of the list on things to do.

gp02a0083
11-14-2004, 02:58 PM
thanks guys i think i found the problem today . its the drivers side tail light the seals on both of the tail are shot so im gonna a make new ones. as for any preformance mods i dont know what im gonna do yet b/c the car is a a/t and dents all over and the rear passenger 1/4 pannel right where the wheel well is is got cancer. id fix up the car but engine wise its got 150k on it and i allready went through hell fixing up my oldsmobile 442 and to top it off im going away to college soon . btw anyone here in NJ?