PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest thing happened..

natedawgydawg
11-11-2004, 03:54 PM
OK, I thought that my subs werent putting enough power out with a jensen amp i had hooked to them, so i hook up my MTX amp, which has over 200 more watts RMS.

I start messing around with the gain controls, and I start hearing some popping and overpowered-thump sounds coming from the subs, so I turn the volume down on my deck. I take the RCA inputs out of the amp and put them into the wrong inputs, of course unintentional, I hear more popping and thumping, adjust the gain, and nothing happens, No sound at all, so surely I've messed up my subs, and they're fried.

So I hook up my Jensen sub again, and just like magic, the subs work, and sound even better than before, picking up all the high and low bass I need.

I think I worked 'em in early.

I AM AN AUDIO GOD! :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

accordlxi2.0
11-11-2004, 05:41 PM
congrats...
but did'nt you screw up the mtx amp??

shepherd79
11-12-2004, 06:21 AM
I think I worked 'em in early.

I AM AN AUDIO GOD! :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

you are a damn ass. you probably fried the MTX amp, and i am sure you put somekind damage to the sub if you were screwing around with gain control. too much gain and your sub will start clipping and short after that the amp will heat up, and sub coil will start poping out and so on and on.

natedawgydawg
11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
you are a damn ass. you probably fried the MTX amp, and i am sure you put somekind damage to the sub if you were screwing around with gain control. too much gain and your sub will start clipping and short after that the amp will heat up, and sub coil will start poping out and so on and on.

nope

everything works fine

thanks for the concern though

snoopyloopy
12-11-2004, 07:13 PM
so are they still fine?

POS carb
12-13-2004, 07:20 AM
that usually means your RCAs are bad, usually breaks right at the connector but you can't see it and the amp starts freaking out. Play with the RCA jacks I bet it'll make noises (turn down your amp gain first!!)