PDA

View Full Version : how to wire vtec

johnypimpin2005
11-12-2004, 09:44 AM
i got a ls vtec from a friend that just got the integ. type R engine. how will i wire the vtec in my 3gee. help asap would be appreated :rice:

NXRacer
11-12-2004, 09:55 AM
there are write up and how-to's on this site for swapping a B motor into your 3g. Searching should be able to find answers to your questions

SteveDX89
11-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Pay someone to do it.

shepherd79
11-12-2004, 10:51 AM
i got a ls vtec from a friend that just got the integ. type R engine. how will i wire the vtec in my 3gee. help asap would be appreated :rice:

do you have B series mounts to swap that motor?
search the board and internet on how to wire it up.

carotman
11-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Add the wire for the Vtec Solenoid and Vtec Oil Pressure switch to your existing wire harness.

Like shepherd79 said, there are ton's of how-to on the net for the VTEC wiring.

Beleive me , the Wire setup is the EASY part of the swap. Concentrate on getting the engine mounted in the car first.

buds302
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
i think we already went over this in a couple of threads in this section. i think majority was ruled that:IT CANT BE DONE NO MATTER WHAT
besides you still have to get mounts first. unless you like own a machine shop and a welding shop. cause your gonna be welding alot. they dont sell the mounts anymore remember. anyway why do all of this and spend all this money on a 3gee. you want your car to be a civic trapped in an accord body. if you cant do it to a 12 valve engine, then whats the point of callin it a 3gee accord. your tryin to turn it into a civic. its easier to go out and buy a civic and soup it up, then to try it with a 3gee. thats all im gonna say. i know its all just :blah: :blah: :blah: for now but youll see! you just wait

accordlxi2.0
11-21-2004, 10:03 AM
umm... yes it can be done.
carotman has put i belive a b20 engine in his 3g. thier was a bolting mount problem and stuff like that. but he got it to run.
to me it seemed like it was worth it.
here's the link
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38231

now dude say's he got an ls vtec which if memory serve's me correct it look's simular to carotman engine......
this is mpossible if ya have loads of money....

SteveDX89
11-21-2004, 10:23 AM
umm... yes it can be done.
carotman has put i belive a b20 engine in his 3g. thier was a bolting mount problem and stuff like that. but he got it to run.
to me it seemed like it was worth it.
here's the link
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38231

now dude say's he got an ls vtec which if memory serve's me correct it look's simular to carotman engine......
this is mpossible if ya have loads of money....

And you also don't know what you're talking about. The JDM B20 is a stock motor in the Accord in Japan. It bolts in with no problem. An LS/VTEC is a B18A or B18B block from an Integra with a VTEC head on it. Therefore, custom mounts need to be made, etc.

Bud, it can be done. Pull your head out of your ass. Anyone who knows how to wire can do it. You just need wiring diagrams of both harness. The plugs will have to be switched to the B series plugs and they will also need to be re-pinned.

accordlxi2.0
11-21-2004, 11:30 AM
trhat's were i was wrong....
my bad.

SteveDX89
11-21-2004, 02:50 PM
trhat's were i was wrong....
my bad.

It's all good.

buds302
11-21-2004, 02:59 PM
switchin wires is not hard when you got diagrams to read. but you still have to get the engine in the car. it aint that simple. but once its in and it aint gonna fall out then its almost down hill from there. wiring, yea its a mess, but it can be done. the engine going in is the problem

ehulst
11-21-2004, 04:49 PM
switchin wires is not hard when you got diagrams to read. but you still have to get the engine in the car. it aint that simple. but once its in and it aint gonna fall out then its almost down hill from there. wiring, yea its a mess, but it can be done. the engine going in is the problem
time and money thats what i boils down too bro.......how can u say a V-TEC cant be droped into a 3geez....its def possible(anything is possible)....you might not have the brain to do it....so why rag on it, if your gonna rag anything; rag on how your not getting more power out of the 12 valve .....but on a differen't note I'd like to see a RSX Type-S (K-series) motor be droped into a 3geez....thad be sick.....Id so give mad props to someone who did it...

buds302
11-21-2004, 05:43 PM
hold up! i never said you couldnt do it. but what this dude is looking for is a cheap way to get power and tryin to put a b,k,h,d,or f seirese engine is not cheap. i dont know what his finances are like but he said he didnt want to spend all that much money. read the rest of the threads started by this dude. and youll see what he wants. if you got money and time then go for it. but if your looking for cheap and quick. then an engine swap that is difficult is not what your lookin for. also a v-tec can be put in a 3gee it is possible but it is expensive. youll end up payin more to get it runnin than you paid for the car.
i paid 500 bucks to get my car. got it from a junkyard. it had no title. did that stop me? no. i looked at it for five minutes and said i want it. i replaced a timing belt on it. thats it it ran fine for 8 months. then the alt went. no problem. i had to much shit wired to it anyway. other then that its still around 3 years later. best runnin car ive ever had. yea if i had the money to spend and the time then id say sure drop a c32 in that bitch and call it a day! but do i? no so im stuck with my damn 12 valve. sure, a 16 valve v-6 would be nice but its not practical. just like takin the b18 ls v-tech its not practical. sure its possible, but it takes alot of money and alot of time and fabrication. let me see you put a 455 in the back of a 78 datsun pick up. say thats impossible. call up a guy named brent bulman in winchester virginia. him and his father did it in three years. if you got the time go ahead other than that dont bust me for tryin to tell him it aint gonna be easy

accordlxi2.0
11-21-2004, 06:23 PM
hey noones perfect...
i thought a b20 was in a integra..sorry carotman.
shit if i had the money i would drop a v6 in my 3g, but then i seen the bay's of an acura legend and it's kinda tight....

johnypimpin2005 getting that set up is'nt gonna be cheap homey.
it's gonna take time, money and experience...
but you got the engine so your close.....

SteveDX89
11-21-2004, 07:14 PM
IT CANT BE DONE NO MATTER WHAT

i never said you couldnt do it. but what this dude is looking for is a cheap way

To me that looks like you said it couldn't be done no matter what. Now you say it can if you spend the money. What's the deal? And I just re-read the entire thread, he never once asked about the cost.

ehulst
11-22-2004, 07:24 AM
" hold up! i never said you couldnt do it. but what this dude is looking for is a cheap way to get power and tryin to put a b,k,h,d,or f seirese engine is not cheap. i dont know what his finances are like but he said he didnt want to spend all that much money. read the rest of the threads started by this dude. and youll see what he wants. if you got money and time then go for it. but if your looking for cheap and quick. then an engine swap that is difficult is not what your lookin for. also a v-tec can be put in a 3gee it is possible but it is expensive. youll end up payin more to get it runnin than you paid for the car.
i paid 500 bucks to get my car. got it from a junkyard. it had no title. did that stop me? no. i looked at it for five minutes and said i want it. i replaced a timing belt on it. thats it it ran fine for 8 months. then the alt went. no problem. i had to much shit wired to it anyway. other then that its still around 3 years later. best runnin car ive ever had. yea if i had the money to spend and the time then id say sure drop a c32 in that bitch and call it a day! but do i? no so im stuck with my damn 12 valve. sure, a 16 valve v-6 would be nice but its not practical. just like takin the b18 ls v-tech its not practical. sure its possible, but it takes alot of money and alot of time and fabrication. let me see you put a 455 in the back of a 78 datsun pick up. say thats impossible. call up a guy named brent bulman in winchester virginia. him and his father did it in three years. if you got the time go ahead other than that dont bust me for tryin to tell him it aint gonna be easy "

first off you def said it coudln't be done.....you clearly stated that..second...WE SPEND MORE MONEY ON OUR CARS CAUSE WE WANT TOO!....everyone looks at us differen't cause thats what we do.....we spend way more money on them then the car is worth......but you kno what ITS DEF worth it in the long run.......i bought my accord for 400 bucks i've spend way more then 2 grand on it just gettin it to run right and stuff on the side.......I kno i wont ever get the money back and i gotta deal with it.....sounds to me like your not into this type of area on spending money.......and also it wold take a long ass time to put a 455 IN THE BACK of a pickup......it is in the back not in the front......i think doing a v-tec wireing setup for an engine swap to a front wheel drive car would be alot less pain full then going all out monster garage....

carotman
11-22-2004, 10:16 AM
It doesn'T matter if it costs as twice as much the price you padid for the car, the engine alone is worth alot of money... better spend less on the car and more on the engine.

buds302
11-22-2004, 12:25 PM
if you would have read my post thoroughly you would have seen that i said THE OTHER THREADS HE STARTED.
look up there youll see it.
also hes looking for cheap. read the rest of the threads. not the posts in this one. the other threads

sporkHSP
01-02-2005, 01:23 AM
It doesn'T matter if it costs as twice as much the price you padid for the car, the engine alone is worth alot of money... better spend less on the car and more on the engine.
amen to that, i got a $300 hatch that would love some power under the hood.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I say a mod needs to clean this whored up thread!

Why do people feel obligated to post in something they don't know about? I think its just ridiculous that I had to read that much crap and only hear a few things from a couple members.

Grow up and stop hating. People have dreams, are they not allowed to have them? If you don't have anything good to say don't post and also if you don't have any input to give don't post. How hard are those things to follow?