PDA

View Full Version : pacesetters

johnypimpin2005
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
is the pacesetters header a direct bolt on

'A20A3'
11-12-2004, 05:58 PM
What is it with all the noob questions?

Yes, it is. I also believe that the O2 sensor holes are predrilled as well...

A20A1
11-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Look at this thread
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37261

and 'A20A3' stop calling on the mistakes of the new members. :D

buds302
11-13-2004, 06:21 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38375
dude read this one. remember to read the whole thing cause it tells you what to do with extra holes in headers. yes they are a direct bolt on to the a20. but youll probably have to remove the bracket where the header meets the downpipe. but other than that and the extra holes it will bolt on all the way back to the cat. one downfall though is you dont have a gasket in one of the connections( its a ball flange instead of a bolt up one.) this is heeded for flexability. your stock flexpipe will not mount up. now they come with all gaskets and hardware you would need. one tip: buy new bolts to mount up the cat and install oxy sensor bfore you put the header in or it will be hell to try to get a wrench on later. ill try to post a pic of mine soon if it ever stops rainin. and it will show the plugged hole.

racerx
11-21-2004, 04:49 PM
don't let anyone tell you pacesetter is a POS either.
so many people just go by word-of-mouth instead of by their own knowledge.
In reality, DC headers SUCK!!! It has been proven time and again that they can actually DROP power... Don't pay $350 MORE for a stupid DC symbol...

Want really nice headers that look good too? Buy pacesetter headers that are powder coated. They've been around for a long time, they've got their system down. I'd take them over DC any day, even if I was rich. :D
no offense to anyone who has DC equipment. If you want name brand stuff and that's what's important to you, hey, go for it. I understand that in car shows and the like, only name brand stuff gets you buy.

but for me, it's always go before show, and the best bang for the buck.
what else can a speed hungry college student ask for?

Moodybluesr
11-21-2004, 06:39 PM
don't let anyone tell you pacesetter is a POS either.
so many people just go by word-of-mouth instead of by their own knowledge.
In reality, DC headers SUCK!!! It has been proven time and again that they can actually DROP power... but for me, it's always show before go

Actually, I have seen a couple dynos showing Pacesetter headers loosing power in the top end over stock. Every dyno test I have ever seen on a DC header shows gains. If it has been proven "time and again," I for one would like to see this "proof" you are referring to.

Oh, and I hope what you meant to say was "go before show." :uh:

BITESIZE
11-21-2004, 06:43 PM
My pacesetter is doing just fine thank you very much ya dumb bastages! lol

racerx
11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Well, I've never seen a dyno showing that Pacesetter loses any power either. So there. :)

Sure, I'll find the dyno runs. Show me the one's you're talking about too.

oh, and... yeah... go before show. duh. the hell was I thinking?

A20A1
11-22-2004, 10:35 AM
I would also like to see what RPM range it loses power...
Also how broad is the power rpm range for both the pacesetter and DC

and lastly what is the torque numbers between 3,600 and 6,800 rpm

Oyvind Ryeng
11-23-2004, 07:31 AM
I've barely seen any dyno papers of A20s, but I'm sure any header would be better than the POS iron lump fitted to the A20 stock.