PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hoods?

snoopyloopy
11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Are there any carbon fiber hoods made for the 3g Accord? I have an '88 LX-i and was wondering if there are either any hoods made for that model or some that fit. Thnx. :)

superguillermo
11-14-2004, 10:00 PM
check ebay. There on all the time, as a matter fact:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7934891504&category=33646&sspagename=WDVW

88accordalltheway
11-14-2004, 10:08 PM
yes, next time try a search. do you see it up there? ^ right there between new post and quick links? yea all you have to do is click on that and then a little think will come down and then you can type "CARBON FIBER HOOD" and then you can click the little "GO" button, and BANG!!!!!!! you there with about 2 or 3 good cf threads, the other 25 will be a bunch of newbs getting flammed just like you are right now for making threads about stuff thats has already been talked about.... god this site is pissing me off more and more every day. sorry if im an ass, isnt ignorance bliss though??

snoopyloopy
11-14-2004, 10:19 PM
kthx. i'll remember that next time.

pendejo
11-15-2004, 12:16 AM
88accordalltheway, no need to be an ass. Without newbs, this site would be useless, and if everyone who asks a question gets a reply like your's, than the forum will die and nobody will learn anything about the 3g's.

Snoopyloopy, be careful when you buy those hoods off Ebay, there is "A" grade and "B" grade(blemished) so be sure to read the entire ad before bidding.

superguillermo
11-15-2004, 01:55 AM
OR you can always do what others do when somone asks a simple question that has been answered before......IGNORE IT!

I keep thinking that newbs have it the worst....ask a question that interests them in hopes to get people interested in their question....but sometimes just get HIT with "your stupid." ...fair? or not fair?

hondamanlxi
11-15-2004, 07:18 AM
www.customcarbons.com

88accordalltheway
11-15-2004, 04:06 PM
you know what pendejo, this site is getting bombarded with countless threads that are repeats. Insead of wasting the precious server space(thats paid for BY OUR USERS) he could have just did a simple search and been done with it. You may think im an ass, i really dont care, but you dont know what its like to have the site shut down because of server space being filled up because of meaning less threads like this one... and yes it was shut down.

'A20A3'
11-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Dude noobs are always going to post dumb questions. ALWAYS. It's never going to stop, so just get used to it. If you're so worried about the site getting shut down, then why don't you donate money to support it like many die-hard 3geezer's(myself included)have done?

N-Man
11-16-2004, 12:20 AM
:lock:

zero.counter
11-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Are there any carbon fiber hoods made for the 3g Accord? I have an '88 LX-i and was wondering if there are either any hoods made for that model or some that fit. Thnx. :)
Yes there are, and they range from $300 to $400 plus shipping. :sad2:

buds302
11-16-2004, 01:00 AM
400!!!!! where the hell r you lookin? man custom carbons has em for like 300 + 150 for shipping. and the only reason they charge 150 is for its size. after a pacage gets over a certain size it is considered an over sized package.no matter if it weighs 2 pounds or it weighs 100 pounds its a matter of size. take ups for example. they wont ship anything that is over 4 ft in hieght by air it has to be shipped ground. if it is 3 foot 11 inches then it goes by wieght. but any thing over 250 pounds gets charged as an oversized package.just fyi

pendejo
11-16-2004, 12:53 PM
you know what pendejo, this site is getting bombarded with countless threads that are repeats. Insead of wasting the precious server space(thats paid for BY OUR USERS) he could have just did a simple search and been done with it. You may think im an ass, i really dont care, but you dont know what its like to have the site shut down because of server space being filled up because of meaning less threads like this one... and yes it was shut down.

Do you know why that is? Because even if newbs search, all that comes up is 4 pages of threads like this where people are getting bashed for asking a question, that doesn't really get answered in a satisfactory way! And if you're so worried about server space, delete these damn threads that are pointless! I'm not trying to get in a piss match with you, and am not calling you an ass, cause honestly I'm usually an ass too, but we need to find a way to answer repeat questions better, even if it's just a link to a search page.

'A20A3'
11-16-2004, 04:26 PM
We need a sticky thread that says "Carbon Fiber Hoods - BUY HERE", with a link to customcarbons.

hondamanlxi
11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
mine came in today! excellent quality and great peeps to deal with!

DHL, on the other hand, sucks...

HostileJava
11-17-2004, 09:43 AM

Then why don't u stop wasting bandwidth bitching at the noobs, there is no excuse for lashing out at people that don't know any better, other then you want to be a jerk. Just tell them to use the search feature without the extra trash talk. :slap:

88accordhb
11-17-2004, 10:14 AM
our cars, and alot of other cars as a matter of fact, don't deserve cf hoods. my honest opinion.

HostileJava
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
our cars, and alot of other cars as a matter of fact, don't deserve cf hoods. my honest opinion.

Thanks for sharing that, but how does that help anyone?

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing that, but how does that help anyone?

It helps his post count. :rolleyes:

buds302
11-17-2004, 03:33 PM
It helps his post count. :rolleyes:
im tryin to get out from bein a newbie
im almost there
but i dont make bullshit posts to rip some one and ive never posted bad material
ive always tried to be helpful

my86dx4dr
11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
you know what pendejo, this site is getting bombarded with countless threads that are repeats. Insead of wasting the precious server space(thats paid for BY OUR USERS)
lol dude you are an ass. useless threads dont take up that much space untill an asshole like you fills them up with useless posts.

And in my oppinion. your still a newb your self :welcome:

lol

And i support the newb's questions. because isnt that where the info is?
peoples responds?

If he wanted a search he could of simply gone online. and say screw this site all the way around!

If he needs tech help. and people say search. then he's better off with a haynes manual. if know one wants to help him!

:uh: "(thats paid for BY OUR USERS)" You havnt donated a damn dime yourself.
what the fuck do you care about what others pay?
I plan to donate when i get my paypal up. but damn! dude. you truely are an asshole

buds302
11-17-2004, 04:29 PM
lol dude you are an ass. useless threads dont take up that much space untill an asshole like you fills them up with useless posts.

And in my oppinion. your still a newb your self :welcome:

lol

And i support the newb's questions. because isnt that where the info is?
peoples responds?

If he wanted a search he could of simply gone online. and say screw this site all the way around!

If he needs tech help. and people say search. then he's better off with a haynes manual. if know one wants to help him!

:uh: "(thats paid for BY OUR USERS)" You havnt donated a damn dime yourself.
what the fuck do you care about what others pay?
I plan to donate when i get my paypal up. but damn! dude. you truely are an asshole
dude hes right you havent donated a dime cause if you have it would say foundation member under your user name. i plan to support this site as soon as my broke ass gets paid next week. i like it. ive learned alot since ive been here. and if it werent for us we wouldnt know where to go to get our shit fixed. did you think about that? what would we have done?? go down the street to a mechanic who just got done workin on a ford and then take a week to tell you whats wrong?no fukin way........never!!!!!! when i first bought my 3 gee i didnt know dick about it until i found this site. this site has been a life saver to those people who dont know nothin about cars and fall into the mechanic trap. ive seen people give up and junk thier car cause they cant seem to get the engine light to go out and the mechanic charged 1200 bucks to fix an oxygen sensor. think thats ridiculous i was gettin my car inspected at a garage and there was this mid 40's lady in there getting routine maintenence done on her 98 nissan sentra. they firs told her they were gonna change the oil and air filter. then 20 minutes later come back and tell her she needs a transmisson flush and fill. cause it runs funny. ok whatever the lady said. i shook my head and said thats ridiculous. then ten minutis later they say they need tochange the spark plugs and wires. she said ok. stupid ass. then they tell her she needs a tire and brake pads on one side. man i could have sworn she paid close to 700 bucks for the whole ordeal. thats bullshit when she could have asked some dude on the street with his hood up to see whats wrong with the car. ive been asked several times to look at someones car. the other day i made the dude at advance auto parts look like an ass cause he told me that they didnt make the 3 gee with fuel injection. i told him he was full of shit and told him its sittin out in the parkin lot. he said that it was modified and it isnt supposed to have fuel injection. thats the last time i ever go back there. stupid fukin people like that dont desrve to work at an auto parts store. anyway this site was designed for people with thier problems that need help. if there were all experts on here this wont be a site for advice it would be everybody bitchin and arguin about whos car is better than whose and i can kick your ass and my car rules and all the rest of that mess. one more thing the search on this site doesnt help that much cause all your gonna get is people rippin on people for duplicate posts and no body with any help. when some one starts a thread thier lookin for help and advice and opinions. not bitchin cause its a duplicate post or thread. maybe they did use the search and thier question wasnt answered did you think of that? no you just saw "carbon fiber hoods?" and thought "dumb ass if he'd of used the search he'd of found his answer". not true. go ahead put it in the search tell me what you come up with i bet youll find shit from way back tellin where to buy one. maybe they dont sell them anymore? and if you use a search engine thats not on this site you'd have to sift through over 20,000 sites and find the right one.alright im tired of ramblin have fun and happy huntin :slap: :slap:

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Buds302, about the post count thing earlier, that was directed to CT, not you.

Your post was so long, I only read half of it. :lol:

I agree, if it wasn't for this site I probably wouldn't be where I am today. This site has shown me much more technical and DIY type stuff than any other forum ever has. I don't even remember when I donated money but I did it because I love the 3G and I have no plans on giving up on it until I have built and tuned one exactly the way I want it.

So if you haven't donated money, I don't see why you can bitch about having to pay for bandwidth.

3gn86lxi
11-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey A20A3
How does one go about donating to the site???I would like to do my part keeping it going.
Later :cool:

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 06:44 PM
I got you man. Let me find the link and I'll post it.

3gn86lxi
11-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Right on :) Thanks

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 07:50 PM
I searched for 30 minutes and couldn't find it. :thumbdn:

Not cool. Try sending a PM to a Mod. or Admin. asking them for the link.

88accordalltheway
11-17-2004, 08:16 PM
I know im a newb. But my86dx4dr, how can you call me a newb after youve been on here for a whole three more months than me? Yea i know i havent paid a dime to this site, but i do plan to pay alot once i get a steady income.

As for buds post, yea man, i hear ya.

The only reason i even made that first post is because I hate how i come on this site and every time theres a new thread about somthing like carbod fiber hoods, body kits, how aluminum wings fit, or somthing that has been dicussed a billion times here (i know all of you do too, except you post whores). His question was so general and could have been very easily answered. Threads like this turn into threads where post whoring happenes, for example, all of my posts in this thread(or even a better example, ct's posts[sorry ct, your still my home doogg])

I have not and will never rip on someone that has a problem with their car, that just sucks and is extremly discouraging for someone to rag on you when your alreay down because of car problems.

Im sorry if i came off like an ass, im usually not this mean, ive had a bad month...
time for :lock:

my86dx4dr
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
I know im a newb. But my86dx4dr, how can you call me a newb after youve been on here for a whole three more months than me?

come on man. Grow up :blah:

buds302
11-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey A20A3
How does one go about donating to the site???I would like to do my part keeping it going.
Later :cool:
go up to your user cp. thats your control panel. click on it and then go to paid subscriptions. its in there you can become a foundation member by subscribing to this site. either pay 15 dollars for one year or 35 dollars for lifetime(best value)

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Okay, this thread officially needs to be locked. :lock:

I still think we need a sticky for carbon fiber hoods with a link to customcarbons...ahhh the things I would do if I was a moderator... :idea: :uh:

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Good looking out buds302. I couldn't find that thing, I had no idea it's in the User CP now...

buds302
11-17-2004, 08:34 PM
it doesnt matter how long youve been here. its all about your knowledge of the car.your post count dont mean shit unless their actually helpful. you could be here 3 days and have 1000 posts but if they are all posts about how much someone is an idiot for re starting a previosly covered thread then all your in it for is the count.if you got knowledge to help someone then post it. dont rip on emcause you think they are stupid. maybe they dont know what they are doing. or they forgot about the search. if you cant help them then leave em alone or guide them in the right direction. or you can ignore it all together and let someone else help them.

buds302
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
no problem. some one should post a how to or a sticky about becoming a foundation member. i would have never found out unless id of clicked on the how to on posting pics

3gn86lxi
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks buds302, I know it's off the topic of the thread.......but thanks anyway man. :) And guy's.... the only dumb question is the one that's not asked!!! :alc: newb or not.

pendejo
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Now, just to kind of point out the flaws in searching, read through this entire post, and time how long it takes before someone actually answers the original question. I know I'm a newb to this forum, but have been a member of other forums and understand the frustration of multiple posts, which is why I always search before I post. If I can't find the info or just get annoyed reading posts like this, than I'll take two minutes to post a new thread more specific to my problem. Alright all, time to call a truce and for me to shut-up!

'A20A3'
11-18-2004, 04:14 PM
So the moral of the story is:

Quit your bitching and buy hoods from customcarbons.com. :thumbup:

hondamanlxi
11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
38 posts to say that? ehh, maybe everyone was just cranky yesterday ;)

oh yeah, make sure you take your hood and have it cleared! NO CF HOOD comes cleared

buds302
11-18-2004, 05:09 PM
So the moral of the story is:

Quit your bitching and buy hoods from customcarbons.com. :thumbup:
:werd: :rockon: :thumbup: :stupid:

Cheeseburger
11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
lets never fight again you guys,you guys almost made me cry :crying: :violin: :kekeke:

AccordEpicenter
11-18-2004, 05:54 PM
if you dont have anything to say in this thread about CF hoods then STFU

Mattphi
11-21-2004, 02:32 PM
if you dont have anything to say in this thread about CF hoods then STFU

Uh...they are nice :thumbup: