PDA

View Full Version : Control arm/strut bushing replacement

IN_ONE_ACCORD
11-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Any how to's on replacing strut bushings? Do I have to remove strut to do this? Also have to do control arms, but that should not be a problem...TIA.

superguillermo
11-15-2004, 05:34 PM
sup! You can check out the shop manual (for some detailed diagrams) for our cars at:

www.pauldesign.ru (owened by Paul Aerodeck 86, one of our own members!)

Also, autozone.com has a pretty good online manual, surprisingly. Do your research, or just get in and get it done....?

IN_ONE_ACCORD
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks guillermo, that's what I'm doing. ;^)

Nyodreamz
11-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Yo! A little help from experience:

Depending on which control arm you replace, if you haven't already done so, spray some lubricant on the nuts and bolts ahead of time! You don't want what happened to me, to happen to you. I was removing the right upper control arm on my 88 LX-i when I found the bolt through the upper bushing seized tougher than doo-doo. Needless to say after about an hour of bleeding knuckles and a sore forehead, it was decided it would be best to cut the bolt at the bushing. Not a difficult thing to do...but finding a replacement bolt is a different story (I am overseas). Needless to say needed a new bushing as well but we didn't have a press to get the old one out or get the new one in. Had to order the replacements from a guy in Seattle and got an control arm complete with a new bushing for 30 bucks. All together though, my car was outta commish for about 3 weeks. Buy new bolts before hand that way you're not scrambling around last minute find some.

Nyo!

epic1400cs
11-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys its off topic but Nyodreamz, is your car LXi coupe? I didn't know that coupes are in Europe. Thats cool. :cool:

thegreatdane
11-23-2004, 07:44 AM
epic1400cs, they're not. It must have been imported if so. I know of ONE in Denmark and that was imported from some oil country far away.
I didnt know we had a german on here, so thats cool. Frankfurt, thats pretty southern in germany meaning the cars not rusting so much. Must be lovely.