PDA

View Full Version : Headunit

7a7Accord
11-16-2004, 09:28 AM
What's the best Headunit for our accords?
I've noticed that the newer hu's have the semi-metallic plastic coloring to them. I want something to blend in with the interior, so an all black hu is what I'm looking for. So far I'm thinking about Clarion.

TIA

Seven

pendejo
11-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Nobody can really say what the best HU is, cause it's a matter of opinion, but just stay away from the cheaper ones. They work and all, but with my experiences, they don't last long at all. Since you mentioned Clarion, I would recommend them. My cousin had a couple decks from clarion and they're really nice units.

88accordhb
11-16-2004, 01:03 PM
uhhh i like alpine and pioneer if that helps a bit.

mntysprt
11-16-2004, 02:23 PM
What's the best Headunit for our accords?
I've noticed that the newer hu's have the semi-metallic plastic coloring to them. I want something to blend in with the interior, so an all black hu is what I'm looking for. So far I'm thinking about Clarion.

TIA

Seven

Moodybluesr
11-16-2004, 02:33 PM
I really like the way my eXcelon KDS-X715 looks at night with the green illumination and orange/blue accents that match the climate controls. It's also has the mask feature so it's just a black panel when it is off. The problem for you would be that the new eXcelons are all gaudy and it's hard to find a decent used deck.

88eyeguy
11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I have an alpine (cdm-9821), and it looks really good in my 88 lx, it also has really good sound quality.

NXRacer
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
who freaking cares how it looks. If it sounds good and has the features you want, that should be all that matters.....unless you're putting it in a show car or something.

I picked up a JVC headunit with MP3 playing capability and i couldnt be happier. its really all a matter of what you like and prefer.

Vanilla Sky
11-17-2004, 02:10 PM
blaupunkt and clarion decks are by far the most stock looking in the usual price range around here... eclipse and nakamichi are very plain looking, but generally most people don't want to spend $800 on a headunit...

7a7Accord
11-18-2004, 05:27 AM
Thank you all for your responses,
I took a look at a Blau yesterday, it looked like a good deal until I found that it had but one set of rca's :sad2: I need at least two, so the search will continue. Clarion's DXZ545MP looks appealing, I just have to find it at the right price :cool:

VII

NPH
11-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for your responses,
I took a look at a Blau yesterday, it looked like a good deal until I found that it had but one set of rca's :sad2: I need at least two, so the search will continue. Clarion's DXZ545MP looks appealing, I just have to find it at the right price :cool:

VII

Ebay. I just purchased a Clarion DXZ545MP for $97.99 on ebay plus the $25 S/H fee. Now I just gotta wait till it gets here ;)