PDA

View Full Version : bumper lens glue

89 Accord Se-I
07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
the glue that holds the turn signal lens is really strong or somehtin cause i cant get it off. i just want to take out the amber inside but i cant get to it. i tried the hair dryer butit either gets too hot or cools too fast before i can get to it. how long should i hold it there? would it be better to use a knife or razor? and are there any other ways to get into it with out taking off the housing?

89AccordLXI666
07-30-2002, 12:05 AM
I just used I flat head screw driver, and carefully pried it open with that. Then I took out the orange plastic piece then used calking shit to glue it back on, and havent had a problem with them.... I am not responsible if u break yours... You do it under your own risk, but if u happen to break one, I'll send one to u 4 free at no extra charge, Deal? Basically what u wanted was clear turn bumper lenses.. i got em for an 89 accord lx-i, so i hope u have that year, if not I'll go to the reckers and steal em if u happen to break your. Lataz, and good luck! :-)

Defiant[YD]
07-30-2002, 01:21 PM
yah!! i just finished my bumper light mods!!! yah, i agree, it was tuff to cut those things open. i got so pissed, i started drilling the orange piece from the light bulb opening. but then, i got lucky when i jabbed my penknife through the housing edge. from that point, all i had to do was pry the plastic off. that orange piece can take quite a beating!