PDA

View Full Version : Intake questions

T HOFHINE
11-17-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry if this has been ask before but I want to put a intake on my 86 LX-I accord but it has two weird lines coming off the stock piping (are those fresh air lines for the vacume lines) Then it has a little box that is on the air box off to the right side that has two lines running to a little box or some other dill can i run with out them or what can i do.

THANX FOR THE ANSWERS.

superguillermo
11-17-2004, 06:41 PM
I just got some brass fittings from the local hardware store (appropiate to the size of the vacuum lines) and drilled the intake on the bottom side. Have fun with it...

'A20A3'
11-17-2004, 06:42 PM
I really have no idea what you're talking about man. I've put a short ram on both of my LX-i's now and the only hose coming from the stock intake thing that you have to use is the breather hose that goes to the valve cover.

superguillermo
11-17-2004, 07:21 PM
It's really weird to see those two vacuum lines attached to the stock airbox, there's actually two on each side of the airbox. The vacuum lines on the passenger side can be routed to the custom intake, and the ones with the enclosure can be capped off with a breather valve. These have nothing to do with the valve cover hose either.

NXRacer
11-17-2004, 09:52 PM
depends on if you have the 86-87 or the 88-89. the 86-87's have a couple more lines coming off the stock intake box then the new ones do.

both those lines need to be hooked up to the intake manifold or your car will run funny.

T HOFHINE
11-18-2004, 09:41 AM
its not the one coming off the valve cover its the ones off the intake pipe. it runs to a box with all the other vacumme lines and the other is on the bottom of the air box and has two lines running to a little meter box looking deal . what can i do with these lines.

ITS A 86 LXI

THANKS

NXRacer
11-18-2004, 09:47 AM
one line runs into the black box on the firewall which houses a few different sensors. You need to get a couple T fittings for the vacuum lines and connect them to a port on the intake manifold. One line is for the MAP sensor and if its not correctly connected, your idle will surge up and down about 1200rpms or so.

superguillermo
11-18-2004, 10:15 AM
so what is the correct way to hook up the MAP sensor?

NXRacer
11-18-2004, 10:18 AM
all you need to do is make sure any vacuum lines you disconnect from the stock intake pipe needs to be connected to the intake manifold. There are a couple open ports on the IM that are capped so you just need to splice them together.

T HOFHINE
11-18-2004, 12:07 PM
IS the im the little black box that is on the driver side of the stock air box.

superguillermo
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
the IM (intake manifold) is the entire "metal thing" that sucks the air, connected to the air filter. NXRacer suggested to get rid of that little black box and connect the vacuum hoses that go from that box to the actual intake manifold.

Thanks NX...i've been having the worst idling problems. 1250 rpm then slowly up to 2000 rpm...then quickly back down to 12500...over and over.

T HOFHINE
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM
damn i fill really retarded now that i said that. the two lines that run off the stock air intake tube is done know i figger that out. the other lines are on the stock air box its . thetwo (vacume lookin lines) run from there to a little black box mounted on the inner fender well it has a wire that runs some were i need to know what i can do with those two lines.

Sorry i'm not good at explaing things.

Thanks again

NXRacer
11-18-2004, 03:15 PM
you just need to make sure they're getting air from somewhere so you can pretty much splice them into anywhere that has suction air from the IM.

T HOFHINE
11-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Cool thanks