PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

nappyroots827
11-18-2004, 12:30 PM
hey, im in the process of getting everything back in my car after the efi swap and i was testing little odds and ends, and i noticed when i turned the key to ignition, no fuel came out of the pump, and i was wondering if there was a reason for this that is normal or if my fuel pump is bad....??

POS carb
11-18-2004, 01:16 PM
are you using the LXi pump and also the main relay hookup? or did you just hook it up to the stock wires? I haven't done the swap so I don't know if that would even make a difference... just for info. Also you should check the lines for voltage with a voltmeter or a test light, there should be momentary power when you turn the key to ON
<edit> also check the fuse on the lower left of the dash fuse box for the fuel pump <edit>

nappyroots827
11-18-2004, 08:19 PM
yea i have the main relay and lxi pump, i checked the fuse as well, im gonna check for voltage tonight and see if its gettin any voltage

shepherd79
11-19-2004, 05:33 AM
did you swaped the fuel tanks?

nappyroots827
11-19-2004, 07:39 AM
not yet, im using the carb tank for now, im gonna swap it down the road but im just gonna make sure i keep it above like half a tank or so, but i tested it last night and theres no voltage, so im assuming its either the main relay or does it matter that the engine wiring harness isn't hooked up yet? i mean i thought the pump ran off the cabin harness and it shouldn't matter if the engine harness isn't in yet but i guess its possible

Justin86
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
yea it would be good to have to have it all hooked up esp the injectors. ;)

nappyroots827
11-20-2004, 06:30 AM
yea i just hooked up the ground for the injector wires today and the pump worked! yay, 100 bucks less i have to spend