PDA

View Full Version : lock controller idea

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2004, 02:41 PM
okay first off...
i'm sorry mods if i posted in the wrong place, but it's more so an idea than a problem.

okay i don't know about y'all but sometimes i get tired of locking and unlocking my doors...
so i have an idea....

in the mid-to-late 1980's ford (and more than like GM's)
had a lock feature.
cars that came with the key pad feature had a way of programing the doors to lock when you put it in drive, and unlock when you put it in park.

since we have a lock control module( thanks mr. honda & co.)
it contains a relay in the system, so i splice each wire (1 for unlock and other for lock).
then spliced into the gear selctor module......

and so fourth

what do yall think.....

NXRacer
11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
it would probably work. I'm guessing it would reverse the action once the car is put in park again, right??

Kinda OT: I've been thinking that when i put power locks in my hatch, im gonna rig the switch up to the window cut-off switch since i dont see a need to use that thing ever except to piss off my friends and i'd rather have power door lock switch then a window cut-off.

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2004, 04:38 PM
but does'nt the hatch come with power windows w/ lock out switch...

NXRacer
11-19-2004, 05:05 PM
yeah and i'm going to use the lockout switch to activate the power door locks

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2004, 05:22 PM
hmm, not bad.
i was thinking about putting something like when you close the door, like 30 seconds later it locks the doors but i think i can wait till i get an alarm....

TheSummoner101
11-19-2004, 05:35 PM
hmm, not bad.
i was thinking about putting something like when you close the door, like 30 seconds later it locks the doors
hey thats not a bad idea, its actually very good, the only thing u gotta worry about is that it doesn't activate unless the key is removed from ignition. so u dont ever lock your keys in the car haha

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2004, 05:42 PM
hmm, yea that was the thing though....
i like the feature where we can't lock the door, unless we have our keys....
that ... well if we leave the keys in the ignition the key minder would beep.....
i know this would need a relay......but ....
how about the key light timer...
we have a key light where you can see your key hole for the ignition it stays on for about 30 seconds...
get one of those and i could reverse the polarity.......
not bad..
the auto shift llock i know can be done.....
but the auto lock may take some work..but then again...
this can also control the park lights (have to use another relay)...

i mean someone let me know if i'm going to deep....
i can see it's possible but may take some work.....

buds302
11-19-2004, 05:43 PM
you shouldnt be able to lock your key in your car anyway unless your locks have been messed up. try it. if you can lock the driver door with it open. then something aint right. you should not be able to lock your drivir door when it is open. i cant lock mine when its open. i dont know how it works on a car without power locks though. but a car with them should not lock. its kind of a nice feature for those who constantly forget about thier keys

accordlxi2.0
11-19-2004, 05:48 PM
no ... mines work fine homey.
in fact when i first got a honda and i went to lock just the driver's door all of em' locked and i was like oh shit thats pimp.....lol.
let me tell ya though you don't know how thankful i am for that feature......
because when i turn the car off, it goes into the first position...i open the door it beep's then turn it more it to take out the key and it stops beeping....

like i said i can do the auto lock when shift into drive .. in fact i might do that this week...
this feature may be for 5 spd guys too.....

Ludi Mali
11-19-2004, 09:51 PM
my car came with the alarm but only the remote door locks are hooked up. but when i turn my car on, the doors lock, and when i turn it off they all unlock.

accordlxi2.0
11-20-2004, 09:57 AM
thats what my lx-i did...
then i added an alarm on the 86...
but i think that was smashed during the accident.

but last night i was thinking when i went to the store..
okay thesummoner101 and buds302 was worried about leaving the keys in the car...
well the black box under the radio has a wire for the key in the ignition.
so that could deactivate the feature till you realize..damn i left my keys in the car.
so what slows down the activation is any of the door's opening...
and/or leaving the key in the ignition.
now i was thinking once the locks activate, the lights turn on too.

what do yall think.....

like i said i can do the autolock within 1/2 day...

carotman
11-21-2004, 01:46 PM
All the aftermarket alarms work this way. Once you put the key in position number II, the dorrs will lock. If you remove the key, they will unlock.

accordlxi2.0
11-21-2004, 04:46 PM
yea.
but lately thier's been kids fucking around people cars including my moms.
i wanna put like a security light or something in there.
plus around my neighbor hood two cars were stolen; white honda's one a civic (was in a persuit and hit a traffic pole killing one person and injuring another but he was fine.
the other was an accord i belive the same year as ours.

i don't know if the other honda's had an alarm on it.

i'm gonna purchase an alarm but i thought this would've been a good idea to do something like this for some peeps out there.....