PDA

View Full Version : Someone tried to jack my car

keruhas184
11-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Yes, it happened to me too.

My dad came yesterday to change the wheels and found my car open, with hazards on and battery almost dead. The hood was half-open and for some reason those fackers disconnected the filter from the intake pipe but didn't take the filter :dunno:.

Here's how it looked inside:

http://keruh.com/3gz/thiefs1.jpg
They pried open the passenger window and pushed it down to get into the car. You can see the dirty hand mark and the prints that still remain on the window.

http://keruh.com/3gz/thiefs2.jpg

http://keruh.com/3gz/thiefs3.jpg
They unscrewed/dropped this electical box, and I guess tried prying it open, but didn't accomplish anything.

http://keruh.com/3gz/thiefs4.jpg
They broke apart the plastic to reach the ignition wires.

http://keruh.com/3gz/thiefs5.jpg

Now here's the thing. I still don't know why they didn't steal the car (which is a good thing for me), but I can guess that my carb was giving them problems when they tried starting her. I have the choke plate fixed in wide open position, so its hard to start the car and get her to idle before she warms up. I can only guess that it gave them too much trouble. Another reason may be that when they were trying to jump it, they accidentally flipped the hazards on, thought it was an alarm and got scared away. Whatever it was, I'm grateful that my car is still with me... and I want to break all those fackers' balls :rant:. I tried calling police to file a report, but they sent me to voice mail and the dude didn't call back... I guess I'm gonna have to give them a visit in person... All those idiots really stole was a few mp3 CDs.. I hope they like Russian music :D.

So the wheels are off now, and she looks completely stock except for being lowered a bit. I'm gonna buy myself a club and maybe put a fake alarm in, so I hope to never have to deal with this shit again.

88accordhb
11-19-2004, 03:47 PM
omg wat a bunch of dill munchers.

Dr._8t9LX
11-19-2004, 03:52 PM
That sucks, but cool they were so stupid!! Get the club and the flashing red light and jackers usually will look the other way and find something easier.

BlueBead
11-19-2004, 04:02 PM
There is nothing like having some kind of antitheft visible. I like having my club on; it makes it too much work for the lazy fackers. It's cool they didn't get the car - it looks like whoever it was had shit for brains!

88accordalltheway
11-19-2004, 04:03 PM
dude, omg get to the police, there are finger prints in the car!!!! Im not joking, when my shit got jacked, the cop told me if there werent any prints in the car, he couldent do anything. Get your ass to the station, i really hope you didnt clean the prints off...... and yes your lucky that nothing was taken that was of great importance.

keruhas184
11-19-2004, 04:33 PM
I was surprised they didn't take the CD player or any speakers, guess that was more work than breaking plastic and just trying to steal it... Yes, I did see the prints, and I definately gonna show them to the cops tomorrow.

hondamanlxi
11-19-2004, 04:35 PM
i know the feeling,

2 weeks ago i was going to get in my car for work (5am) and it was out of the driveway and in the middle of the road with the pass door open :( The only reason they didnt get it is b/c i left my bottle heater on and killed my battery!

TheSummoner101
11-19-2004, 04:37 PM
where would be without these stuid idiots :P

well im glad ur car is still with you man, and the fake/real alarm are good options...i was thinking of putting a fake led in yesterday, but then thought about how to make it run off of car battery, and have it only turn on when the car is off...if i get it accomplished, ill post, but wont happen for some time, as i am very lazy.

my86dx4dr
11-19-2004, 05:58 PM
My accord has been broken into twice. once at my dads work. He came out and seen the door open and shit moved around with the glove box open.

and then someone was messing with it in my driveway so i installed a security light...

so much for living in a decent area

Vanilla Sky
11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
hehe, my car is on blocks and half apart... it's never been touched... and i leave it open with quite a few tools in it... and i'm not far from a bad area... guess i'm lucky

Jin4576
11-20-2004, 06:58 AM
damn thats messed up, but good thing they didnt succeed. The cops are stupid too or very lazy not to call ya back...i doubt that they'll do much tho. Good luck hunting those guys down and give them a swift kick in the nards for each and everyone one of us :)

Cheeseburger
11-20-2004, 07:38 AM
dam man facken thives. you can tell they didnt know what to do.

Bryan
11-20-2004, 08:43 AM
This is good for you, but they were really bad at what they do. Oh and AN FYI, kill switches, alarms, and clubs won't do shit if they have a tow truck or a flatbed. Then they have all the time in the world to work on it. So if a theif really wants your car, they will get it. And you would be surprised to find out how many theives DO have the flat beds and tow trucks, or at least access to them.

mag_pbg
11-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Ya I would say they were stupid, they tried to pry open your door/seat belt buzzer box lololol. But I feel for ya, I have had my car broken inot before, had my cd player and all of my burnt cds stolen.

Dr._8t9LX
11-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Theives with flatbeds! Man that sucks!! I had my truck towed that way when I parked in a private parking lot. The Towdriver just slimjimed the door, poped the hood and disconnect the battery! Alarm only lasted about 1 minute!!

Lowjack is the only way if you care that much.

accordlxi2.0
11-25-2004, 05:05 PM
what stupid asses....
everytime i hear about a member's car been broken into, not only it worries me about my car, but it pisses me off....
i mean our cars may be nothing to some of us ,but to some it's our only means of getting around, and working your ass off to get a decent car...
and some ass tries to break into it, serve's them right..

Neuspeed87lx
11-25-2004, 06:02 PM
your luckey they didnt take the car ..... i know its a shitty feeling ... by try commin outa work at midnight and having your car gone ...... i dont think the police would do anything even if there was fingerprints on the car.... but im sure it depends where you live.... where my car got stolen from they have bigger things to worry about .... it sucks when you work your ass off for stuff.... then have some scum bag that dosent work and dosent do anything good for this world come and just take it .... ugh !

RobT5580
11-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah your lucky because after someone tried to jack my other accord i know how easy they are to steal. Obviosly they didnt know what they were doing because all they need is a dent puller and a lag bolt and your car is gone. They broke my ignition but the head broke off the bolt before they got the cylinder out. Little did they know it cracked the ignition and it came right out so my car was as good as gone.

Low Tek
11-27-2004, 01:57 AM
my hatchie was brokin into 2 years ago, they took the stereo, amp, cd's... they even broke the glove box.. and I had an alarm.. they slim jimmed the driver door and was gone within 15 min.. I was pissed when I came out!!

epic1400cs
11-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Thats sucks. My car was broken into once from rear window and the idiot stole some bits and pieces. Second time other lo-life try to ply the door frame and open. Fortunately they couldnt make it but it was real pain to see my car messed around - I could see sky even I shut the door. I hope things will be sorted soon.

AQcz
11-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Lucky for you your car is still there. Reminds me of the worlds dumbest thieves