PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo getting a paint job

87lxaccord
11-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Im getting it painted I think black or white but still!.. I want to get the bumpers painted to its the gray u kno? thats paintable right? whats the prep work i have to do for it? and for anyone that lives in ontario.. what do i do to change the color legal.. like the paper? woo hoo getting a piant job!

od2681
11-20-2004, 08:13 PM
i just think the insurance people would wana know bout that...i think
ur doin two tone right..???

87lxaccord
11-20-2004, 08:15 PM
i just think the insurance people would wana know bout that...i think
ur doin two tone right..???
hmm two tone? what does that mean..

3gn86lxi
11-20-2004, 11:13 PM
:omg: wtf are you talkin about??????

88Accord-DX
11-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Two tone is where there upper part is different color than the bottom below the side door protectors, generally speaking. The bumpers can be painted, sand them down with about 320 grit. If your taking your car to have it painted, let them do all the prep work. It will take you days on end to hand sand the whole car down unless you have some air tools or electric sander. I don't know what your talking about with paper?

87lxaccord
11-21-2004, 05:51 AM
ooh when i said paper its like umm.. registration to change the color of my car because my car is grey and i want to paint it a different color

BlueBead
11-21-2004, 01:45 PM
If you want to paint the bumpers I'd recommend using an adhesion promoter; It makes the paint stick better to the plastic. As far as a black paint job, thats the hardest colour of all to look after, especially if you're dealing with a lot of salt. personally, I think gunmetal grey (like MarioBurke's car) is the best colour, especially with a good bodykit, but I guess variety makes it interesting.

Mattphi
11-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh lord :uh:

87lxaccord
11-21-2004, 02:55 PM
hmm i do have a gunmental accord lol.. so you should sa i'd stick to it? hm.. and i dont have to sand down the bumper or anything? just paint it?.. like its kind of getting dull on me thats why.. hehe..

superguillermo
11-21-2004, 06:52 PM
careful with that bumper...if you do a crappy job then the paint will crack and chip. Wash the bumper real well....sand with 320 grit...thoroughly clean (no dust, oils, etc.).....paint in thin coats.....don't touch!
As far as bumper paint, a lot of autoparts stores carry "bumper and trim" paint, with additives that make it a bit more flexible.