PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor Wires

MIK3
11-21-2004, 07:22 PM
You guys have any insight on which diameter wire I should purchase? 7mm, 8mm, or 8.5mm? I'm leaning more towards 8.5 mm only because I know they will deliver maximum performance. Any suggestions or highlights you guys might have on these? The difference per half mm in price is about $12.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I would get some Taylor Plug wires if you want quality. I just replaced my cranes with a set of taylor wires. And I have taylor wires on my prelude too.

DeathRat
11-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Taylor & MSD both make excellent wire sets. MSD's only come in red though, while Taylor comes in multiple colours. If you want great value though too....I would recommend Blue Streak/Standard wires. I use them on my Accord with MSD Blaster II Coil. Blue Streak offers a great quality wire that is every bit as good as MSD's too (just not the fancy red appearance). As quoted off Blue Streak's website:
The most advanced, most trouble-free wire you can buy. Outlasts conventional spark plug wires 2-to-1. Standard Plus wire has a core aramid (a super-strong, heat-resistant Kevlar), sheathed with a thick layer of conductive silicone rubber, which provides unsurpassed toughness and heat resistance. The superior thermal resistance of silicone insures against core burn-out and the extra thickness of the silicone sheath makes a more reliable electrical connection between the core and the crimped plug terminal.