PDA

View Full Version : nw 240 guys

shane_lxi
11-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Let's try to get a date going for a northwest meet. Not exclusively for the 240 guys, but let's try to get them all there. I'm not going to set a date, let's just discuss when will be a good time for all of us. Then we can set that as that as the official date, and set up a list of who'll be there. (let's set it for late winter, or early spring) I need like 2 months in advance for work reasons anyway. Discuss

86AccordLxi
11-22-2004, 01:01 PM
There's only like 4 of us, and 3 of us hang out fairly regularly anyway (cdscowboy, bobafett and myself). Chris (bobafett) only has one day off a week and that's Thursday so meets are kinda tough on the weekends. Matt (cds) and I are both in school so our scheduls are pretty much open. Over christmas break works best for me and probably matt too but I dunno about chris. Two months is a long time in advance to plan a meet for only 4-5 people.

Alex

shane_lxi
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
lol, read the starter once more, not exclusively for 240 guys, lol, jp. I just don't want to make that long of a trip in this weather, freazing, possibly snowing soon in some areas, you know what I mean? I might be able to make one on christmas break though. THey work me extra hard at schwab's over christmas brake though cause I don't have school.

cdscowboy
11-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, christmas break would be good for me as well. I'm sure we could probably get a few of the local 3g'rs too for christmas break.

How bad does it snow up there? If it's just rain, grow some balls and drive :)

Oh, and even if it's not just for 240 guys, there probably won't be more than 6 of us, so 2 months is a big advance. I understand it's for work though.

86AccordLxi
11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Wayne and Chris are usually good about showing up. Caleb is usually up for a meet too. And if we can get Matt and Justin to drive up then that's awesome. I think there's a few other ptown 3geezers floating around too. Hey if it is snowing we'll have more fun, right matt ;) lol.

Alex

shane_lxi
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
lol. Yeah, I suppose it's high time I grow something to fill that sack between my legs. Let's try to get a date goin then. Christmas break is long enough away to get time off. My friend at work get's thursdays, and I get wednesdays off. He always switches with me for stuff, so I will just make him switch with me if that's the only day you can make it. This'll be my first meet btw, if I can make it that is.

86AccordLxi
11-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Granted if it's snowing I don't know how many people will want to drive in it. I'm not a big fan myself, at least not for long trips beyond a parking lot close by. But if it's just rain, no worries.

Alex

3gn86lxi
11-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey....whare is this meet gonna be going down at????? :)

86AccordLxi
11-23-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm assuming probably in Vancouver or portland. Maybe the week of the 16th? That's after finals week for matt and I. Dunno what we want to do besides the obvious--hang out, bs about cars, take some picture in the rain and cold :), eat (this part is essential). How far are you guys from portland? Hopefully someone will have some new parts to install by then haha.

Alex

MattsAccord
11-23-2004, 12:39 AM
If at all possible can you guys have it as close to Christmas as possible. I will be up there with my family for Christmas.

86AccordLxi
11-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Sure! What day you coming up? And where are you going to be?

Alex

cdscowboy
11-23-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm going to be leaving on the 18th till....oh....I'd say the 28th. So I won't be around then. Any other time (except New Years Eve - my bday!) is cool with me.

I don't mind rain a bit...snow...I'd be a bit freaked, especially since I've only just got my first RWD car. But we don't get much snow here in the valley, so I'm not to worried. I'd be down for Portland or Vancouver....whatever :)

shane_lxi
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
I am 3 hours from portland, but I have family down there, so I can go to the meet, and stay at my sister's house. If I can't make it because of work, I'll just try to get a meet going for spring too, so I can go when we aren't having the snow tire rush. I'ma try all in my power to make it though. Vancouver would bne the best for me, but let's try to get one that is close to someone's house so we aren't all hangin out in a parking lot for 8 hours :P, lol.

3gn86lxi
11-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm bout 3 hours too. Set a date, and hopefully most of us can do it.
I'd be willing to fly (drive, but fast) down, weather permitting. Let us know. :thumbup:

bobafett
11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
alright well im in vancouver, and alex has mentioned having the meet at my place, which is fine....

any time after the 18th is good for me! then all i wlil have to schedule around is work. and i can probably get a day off if we start planning now im pretty sure i can get a day off. but lets decide, and actually show up this time lol.

i know matt, alex, chris and wayne are usually good about these... havent met toooo many other 3geez people besides the ones in grants pass and cali though.

but beware we will probably go drift in a parking lot and you FWD guys just cant participate ;) jk lol....

cdscowboy
11-23-2004, 05:41 PM
And like I said, I'm not available after the 18th...so either before the 18th or after the 28th-ish.

Thanks Chris for hosting :D

3gn86lxi
11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
what do you mean fwd can't drift?????lol :rofl:
so lets get ideas on the date, will you guys go for a weekend day?
will there be cake and ice cream?? :thumbup: just jkin... :alc:

86AccordLxi
11-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Looks like it's have to be after the 28th then if matt can't make it before then.

Alex

my86dx4dr
11-23-2004, 08:56 PM
a meet close to home once again. and i dont even have the 3g anymore..

Maybe i should ad a 240 to my list to look for
So far i got... 93-97 probe gt, 90-97 accord
and the one i want most of all dakota shortbed R/T
+240

shane_lxi
11-25-2004, 05:46 PM
House about wednesday the 29th, or thursday the 30th? I have wednesdays off work, but I could arrange for a thursday, since one of us (I can't remember who) has thursdays off.

ps: This is the BUSY season for Les Schwab's, so if I don't make it to this meet, don't hold it against me. I will be making it to the spring meet if we have one.

pss: I might need someones cell number, or fett's home number, cause I WILL get lost. Also so I can call if I can't make it so nobody is waiting up for me.

MattsAccord
11-25-2004, 09:45 PM
And like I said, I'm not available after the 18th...so either before the 18th or after the 28th-ish.

Looks like I wont be attending this meet since I wont be up there for those days. I guess I will go to the spring meet. :sadwave:

Wood9669
11-29-2004, 06:57 AM
ill come if i can get my car 1/2 way together in time :)

and ill be driftin, i got my ebrake adjusted so tight, 1 notch up and it locks the rear wheels up :rockon:

cdscowboy
11-29-2004, 07:46 AM
You'll be ass-dragging....but cool anyways :)

shane_lxi
11-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Which of those dates should we go with (ps: thats not drifting, we will show oyu how to drift a real car, lol)

Low Tek
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
hmm... sounds like fun.. but I know if it is on the week day, I am not sure if chris will be able to come.. he only has weekends off.. and I know that he would love to make it to this event. lol

I know I will be there, might have my truck to drive instead of the honda, if you guys don't mind..

Wood9669
11-29-2004, 02:15 PM
i was joking lol

trust me i know how 2 drift.. i got many many friends w/ RWD cars. :rockon:

and where are we meeting? im up in snohomish.. i like driviving so if its a weekend ill drive as far as california :)

im up for any weekend except this weekend (SAT testing....)

how many of us will actually have an accord? lol

MattsAccord
11-29-2004, 04:32 PM
how many of us will actually have an accord? lol

I'm one of the few NW guys that still have one. Looks a little different now.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/404000-404999/404252_173.jpg

Well let get a date set and I will see what I can do about making it up there. I just don't want to be up there two weekends in a row that is alot of driving. Try to get it as close to Christmas as possible if you guys can. :thumbup:

Low Tek
11-29-2004, 05:27 PM
I have my accord.. but getting it ready for the "new look"

Wood9669
11-29-2004, 09:49 PM
its looking like my car will be ready as long as its the 11th or later.
ill be the integra w/ no body paneling except a hood and doors and no interior haha.. unless its past the 13th, then i should have the body pieced back together..

Wood9669
11-29-2004, 09:51 PM
hows the 18th or 19th sound..

and are we just gonna go to someones house??

because i was thinkin maybe we could cruise to somewhere cool (i.e. mt st helens, or another mountain.. or something--im not a good thinker-upper of ideas)

3gn86lxi
11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Weekend days are better for me, and if there is even a threat of snow......I'm not driving that far. The 18th or 19th I can do, whichever. It'd be a day thing for me, maybe bring my son too. But we need to nail down a date......and just see what happens.

Low Tek
11-29-2004, 11:33 PM
me and chris should be able to make one of those times...

MattsAccord
11-30-2004, 01:38 AM
hows the 18th or 19th sound..

and are we just gonna go to someones house??

because i was thinkin maybe we could cruise to somewhere cool (i.e. mt st helens, or another mountain.. or something--im not a good thinker-upper of ideas)

Wont both of those places have snow. I don't mind snow and I have some really good snow tires but, snow just isn't that great of a thing for a meet. Unless we wnt snowboarding or something.

shane_lxi
11-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Here's my input. There's a number of members that will only be able to attend wither a weekend date, or a weekday date. I can only make it to a wednesday, thrusday, or a sunday because of work, and I can't drive in the snow for that long of a distance. cdscowboy can only go before the 18th. So, here's the info.
LOCATION: Bobafetts house in Vancouver, WA (if it's still okay with him, I'll pm him)
DATE: WE HAVE TO DECIDE! December:
-15th (wednesday)
-16th (thursday)
-18th (saturday)
-19th (sunday)
-29th (wednesday)
-30th (thursday)
FACTS: Most people won't drive to the mountains with their accords or 240's. I'm not going to mt st. helens right now, lol. Wood needs to edit his posts instead of double posting (jp man, but seriously.....). This is NOT a 240 exclusive meet, but I want to try to get most of the nw 240 guys there. There WILL be massive amounts of Halo2 action.

ps: Read the whole thread before posting so you get the whole idea of where it's at, who's attending, and when it will be :D. Thanks.

Wood9669
11-30-2004, 03:02 PM
i invited bunch of integra and civic guys..

Wood9669
11-30-2004, 03:10 PM
oh oh i just read your post..

1. us people north of seattle should gather up and have a mini-meet and drive down there
2. we all shall bring xbox's and network them!!!! (does he have tvs???)
3. beer?
4. how bout the 11th or 12th?? (i can only drive far if its a weekend..im about 20-40 mins north of seattle depending on traffic)
5. i have about 16 snow tires, ill loan em out for the day if we want to go to the mountains ($50) :lol:
6. how old is everyone? im 17 (prolly the youngest...)

p.s. i just read the part about the doulbe posting hahah i did it again wooops :uh:

bobafett
11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
hahah this is getting crazy.

there is a couple things that will determine wether or not we can have the meet at my place:

1. if i work that day then no, lol
2. my house isnt THAT big, i could probably handle 10 people alright, and more than that it will get crowded.
3. tvs: i have a 70" WIDE projection screen setup, with xbox ps2 4 controlers halo2 basically all the fun racing games etc...

im all for people coming over to my place for the meet, but alex and matt (and wayne and chris) can vouch that having a looooot of people there would be lame.

if someone wants to bring another xbox all i have is a little 19" screen in my bedroom. :(

anyway lets keep planning ,but depending on the turnout it may be best to have it at another place, but 10 or less people is probably cool...

keep me posted guys

EDIT:

for beer its fine with the 21+ crowd (like myself hehe) but i cant/wont have underage people drinking at my place... normally i wouldnt care, but with this many people/loud cars, its asking for trouble...

Low Tek
11-30-2004, 07:21 PM
do you think there are goin to be alot of people? I need to make it your place soon chris.. I have something you want.. and I keep spacing it off to give it too you.. lol

bobafett
11-30-2004, 07:22 PM
yeah you owe me a fender and a video game! although i bought nfsu2 now so i dont need 1 as badly

Low Tek
11-30-2004, 07:24 PM
lol... chris owes u the game.. I have the fender.. sitting in the garage, waitin.. lol.. I will get it to you soon man. I have not forgot

bobafett
11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
got any turbo stuff to sell me?

Low Tek
11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
:sad2: :blah: lol u know, that was kinda funny

Low Tek
11-30-2004, 07:30 PM
so when r u goin to let us drive your 200sx.. show u how its done

Wood9669
11-30-2004, 08:58 PM
so still no official word yet...
any weekend other than this saturday is good for me...

Low Tek
11-30-2004, 09:02 PM
I think it should be close to when the host can ge it off... but I like weekends

Wood9669
11-30-2004, 09:18 PM
what about going to a track and running our cars?
iv never been, do you have to be 18??
seems like thatd be fun too..

.. but 70" tv + halo ....mmmmmmmmmmmmm....... :cheers:

3gn86lxi
11-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Well......I'm down for the 18th. I'm off work, I can drive down to Vancouver in a day and still get home for great grandmas christmas on Sunday.
Soooooo....hows everyone look for the 18th???? If it won't work out, I'll prolly just try for a spring time meet.
Lets figure out a date...My son can bring his xbox, we don't have halo2 yet though. I can prolly bring another tv also.

86AccordLxi
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
hahah this is getting crazy.

there is a couple things that will determine wether or not we can have the meet at my place:

1. if i work that day then no, lol

So what days do you have off over the break? I think that's a good starting point for determining a day.

Alex

cdscowboy
12-01-2004, 12:24 AM
^^^ :werd: Best place to start.

And yes, too many people is just...blah. We could meet some other place (Shari's, whatever, I dunno), and whoever wanted to leave afterwards could, and the rest could go to Chris'. I can't imagine everyone will want to go.

Additionally, I think keeping the booze 21+ is a very good idea. Loud cars/lots of people + alcohol = asking for trouble.

Dates I'm not available: 18th - 27th

shane_lxi
12-01-2004, 10:54 AM
I can only go on sundays, wednesdays, and thursdays. If it doesn't work out for me to go this time, I will set a sure date for the srping meet, that cannot be changed. This meet is kind of up in the air (ae, I can go to a meet on the 19th (sunday) or the 29th or 30th (wed and thur)) We can have it at a resturant or something, but some of us (me) might have a hard time finding it in an unfamiliar town, and that would suck if I drove all that way to be late, and then nobody is even there anymore, lol... maybe if I had someone's cell or something.

shane_lxi
12-01-2004, 10:55 AM
I can only go on sundays, wednesdays, and thursdays. If it doesn't work out for me to go this time, I will set a sure date for the srping meet, that cannot be changed. This meet is kind of up in the air (ae, I can go to a meet on the 19th (sunday) or the 29th or 30th (wed and thur)) We can have it at a resturant or something, but some of us (me) might have a hard time finding it in an unfamiliar town, and that would suck if I drove all that way to be late, and then nobody is even there anymore, lol... maybe if I had someone's cell or something.

I'll try to set a date in stone and see how it goes over (no more suggestions for dates, only the dates mationed can be voted for)

*Thurday the 30th of December.
What do you think. We can't please everyone, so if one person can't make it, tough luck.

Wood9669
12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
so its lookin like the 19th...?

as to unfamiliar towns.. iv lived in washington for all of a year, i know my way around like 2 towns. but im good w/ directions, or lack of... :)

edit: err 30th... not sure.. thats friday night before new years ( :alc: )

i vote for any weekend. other than this weekend cuz i dont think my car will be ready (unless we have the meet here and 10 people wanna help me put my engine/body/interior/tranny back together :sad2: )

shane_lxi
12-02-2004, 10:14 AM
I think the 30th is a thursday not a friday (if not, switch that date to the 29th) I'd be down for coming down to your place for a mini meet and helping you with you car, somethin' to do anyhow.

bobafett
12-02-2004, 12:09 PM
well for the day off, right now i have wednesdays and thursdays off work. but i need to request a day off if we are gonna have it for the meet, unless its a wed or a thur.
so pick a day and ill try to request it off.

shane_lxi
12-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Well wednesdays an thursdays are best for me, that's why I said the 29th or 30th.
Let's just say the 29th (wednesday) It' should be good for most people. A month in advance, so we should have no problem getting it off work if we have to. Weekends are NO GOOD for me. Those are big work days (I don't make much, but I make alot on weekends because I have no school). Thats why a weekday would work best, for me anyways, also it seems that way for fett too.

3gn86lxi
12-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Lookin like I'm gonna be out for this meet. I can't do midweek, and christmas parties and such, I'm pretty busy. :sad2:
Spring meet for sure, though. :alc:

Wood9669
12-03-2004, 02:51 PM
i can make any weekend meet, and meets from like the 20th-4th.

Low Tek
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I was talkin to chris, and think a sunday would be the best.. I think bobafet would agree.... maybe I am wrong.. lol

Elijah
12-03-2004, 03:07 PM
pics of the new 240 i bought for the wifes yesterday,
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=39849

shane_lxi
12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
I won't go to this meet, lol. I can't make it to a sunday meet, but I'ma set a spring meet soon. Hopefully more people will be able to make it when the weather is better. Depending on the date, I might be able to go, but if it's on sunday, I can't leave until 12, and it's 3 hours form here, so I won't get their till three, and I would be leaving at like 8. If it's around that time, I can go, but if not, don't worry, I'll be at the spring meet.

3gn86lxi
12-06-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm with shane.....not going to make the meet :sad2:
But for sure spring meet I will make. Too much going on right now with Christmas parties, work stuff, ect. to make it to the winter meet. shane, get a date going for spring.....try to take a Saturday off!

shane_lxi
12-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I'll think about when it is. Not around spring break, cause I'm goin to Santa Rosa with my family for spring break, and part of the week after (my first trip to cali :D ). My wheels will be on by then too, so I can flaunt them, lol. Maybe a little after spring break. I'll start a new thread when the time comes. Continue planning the winter meet.

Wood9669
12-08-2004, 08:05 PM
(i think the meet fell apart)

shane_lxi
12-10-2004, 12:47 AM
lol, I think yer right wood. Spring meet fo sure though. Maybe just the washington guys in Oly. We could get 3 peeps together or amybe a little more, and I think it'd be easier to arrange too.

Underdog
12-10-2004, 09:45 PM
I can make a spring meet for sure. Would be best anyways since I'll have some more stuff done to my car by then, and hopefully the fender fixed. It's hammered out now, but the paint cracked and is starting to rust :ugh: I'm 16, turn 17 on May 7th. We should have it on my birthday, hahaha.

3gn86lxi
12-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Dude... we can fix that fender......cheap! :thumbup:
Oh, and I will do the spring meet also. Should we do a Seattle meet? Or someone have a good idea for a up north meet. Well close to us anyway Underdog.

Underdog
12-10-2004, 09:51 PM
I should be getting a junkyard fender soon. Will let you know when I get it so I can figure out how much I'll need to save up to get it re-painted.

3gn86lxi
12-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Cool. Let me know when you get it. I'll hook you up!

shane_lxi
12-12-2004, 12:09 AM
I was thinkin olympia on a sunday. Nothin big, maybe do a little parking lot drifting. We'll talk it over when that time comes around.

3gn86lxi
12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Sounds cool Shane.....keep us updated.

Underdog
12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Hmmm. You could teach me how to drive a 5-spd shane! :ugh: I don't know how because I don't want to learn in my dad's crappy geo metro. Drifting would be cool if accords could drift. We'll just watch the 240 guys, haha.

Low Tek
12-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Hmmm. You could teach me how to drive a 5-spd shane! :ugh: I don't know how because I don't want to learn in my dad's crappy geo metro. Drifting would be cool if accords could drift. We'll just watch the 240 guys, haha.

I think hatchback_racer has the accord drifting down.. he can do a good show...

MattsAccord
12-23-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm up in Beaverton right now if anyone wants to meet up. I don't have my car, :( I would be rolling in my grandmas subaru.

my86dx4dr
12-23-2004, 11:44 PM
im in beaverton too.

Off of murray. but im hella bussy.

How long you here for?

MattsAccord
12-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Till the 27th. I somewhere around here. Um, I guess like northwest of Winco/Bestbuy. A ton of newer houses around me. I hope that helps some. On the north side of 26. Really I don't really know where I am but I can get around here okay.

my86dx4dr
12-24-2004, 12:30 AM
oh ok. ceder hills crossing.

I have a friend that works in that GI-joes.

yea im not to far from there. Bout 4 miles.
anyone else in the area???????

Low Tek
12-24-2004, 01:33 AM
me and hatchback are in portland.. not to far from you guys