PDA

View Full Version : Project rusty death-trap need help.

NeoCloud
11-23-2004, 11:02 AM
I desperatley need a battery wiring diagram or a how-to on where the negative line goes from the battery on a 88 accord.I also need the diagram or how-to make the entire dashboard wiring or where to order a kit for the spiderweb/harnesses,or if i should just buy another accord with wires that arent fried,exposed and touching eachother causing headlight fluctuations and dash gauges start dimming in and out.I replaced the battery and the negative was never attached to anything but the frame before i got the car.At least it starts now and is a little brighter at night,lol.Im also having carb adjustment probs and I hear a ticking like a diesel chugging,also my pedal or throttle line is getting hung up a little on something causing idle at 1500rpms,allthough i can pull on the pedal from the inside of the car and get the idle back down.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Elijah
11-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Go buy a lx-i and been done with it.

NeoCloud
11-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Go buy a lx-i and been done with it.
lol,your real helpfull,lol.thnks,but even just where the battery line goes would help for now,I have read all the other posts about the carb and vacuum lines they are helpfull ,thanks guys for having one of the few sites with this type of information.Also I forgot to mention it is the 88 accord hatchback dx with new battery,straight pipe w/new stock muffler at end,adjusted carb (was never right and still isn't),flipped lid air intake,ngk new plugs,plexiglass rear quarter windows,panasonic deck,audiobahn 6x9's,eb 6 1/2's,rockford fosgate he2 12's,homemade particle board box,spl 400 watt amp(weak I know),4 gauge power wire,rockford fosgate 100 watt/amp fuse block,grounded neg of amp to bottom rear seat bolt and other various little hangers and clips and things I either glued,rebolted,siliconed or replaced.These are the only things I have done to the car since I got it 3 weeks ago for 700 dollars,lol.It runs sooo awesome I beat my friends 96 civic coupe with a v-tec computer in the floor.I almost shit my pants.lol.Getting back to the subject I cant find my car anywhere in a junkyard because its the hatchback(even though engine parts are the same,the exhaust,hangers,seats,etc...those kind of things arent the same).I found 20 million freakin lxi's and 4doors,but the wiring is also either not there,or different a little.

superguillermo
11-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Hit up the local junkyard....take notes. Maybe even get a few things?

Mac
11-23-2004, 12:32 PM
The negative battery cable goes from the battery to the frame right under the battery tray and then to the engine block by the starter. That's the way it is on 88 LX and LXi. I don't think it should be different on a DX.

NeoCloud
11-24-2004, 05:05 AM
The negative battery cable goes from the battery to the frame right under the battery tray and then to the engine block by the starter. That's the way it is on 88 LX and LXi. I don't think it should be different on a DX. Thank you mac,and you are right about the lxi and lx,they have a ground to the block,but where exactly on the block by the starter,for some reason I dont think my car has the bracket that it grounds to,it looks like someone took it off,is that possible?