PDA

View Full Version : tranny question

Coy
11-23-2004, 09:43 PM
i hear an unconfirmed rumor that hondas have an issue with the shifter linkage on the auto trannys. something along the lines of it being plastic or something...

i THINK that may have something to do with the problems im having on my 2g accord tranny. in the first and second gears it hesitates to shift or shifts at a really high RPM. that seems like solenoids. but the other night it acted like i had it in neutral. thats a new one to me. i hate auto trannys cause im not very good at maintaning them, or figureing out whats wrong with them. anybody have similar problems, or have an idea what i can do. i know its not low on fluid, but im not sure if its overfilled or not.

DanG86LX
11-24-2004, 08:17 PM
U got a TV cable, the cable going from gas pedal to AT. By lengthening the cable at tranny end, it lower the shift points.
Duno how the shifter is on 2g but i know 3g shifter had been improved somewhat?! See Paul's manual 62SE310 here. (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html)

Coy
11-25-2004, 01:40 AM
thats nice to know. but im not really sure if i can use a 3g shifter cable, im not exactly sure on the problem yet. just checking ideas.