PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt light/buzzer info

NashvilleLX-i
11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
hey im new here but am sorta new mechanic i know my way aroun our 3 geez but ok whenever i hit my brakes the seatbelt light and buzzer go on i still want the buzzer to work and i figure there is a short somewhere. do you think that is right? if so where should i look if not what could it be thanks a bunch.

DanG86LX
11-24-2004, 09:06 PM
does it happen when u dont have seat belt on ?

NashvilleLX-i
11-30-2004, 12:55 AM
does it happen when u dont have seat belt on ?
yeah i put my seatbelt on and everytime i touch the brake it goes off is there anywhere where the wires are closeand could possibly short causing this im still not sure
-

hondamanlxi
11-30-2004, 06:02 AM
nice to see another member close by! I was just in downtown nashville last weekend!

DanG86LX
11-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Thing is it has nothing to do with seat-belt on/off! I can take my seat-belt off/on while driving and there is NO WARNING!
So the beeper comes on when: seat-belt is off when u turn the ignition key from I -> II. Is only when u start the car that the seat-belt warning may occur!
I would say try to unplug/plug the connector to "Integrated Control Unit", the black (or gray) box under ashtray. Bad/dirty contacts @ connector might be ur prob..

NashvilleLX-i
12-01-2004, 10:53 PM
ok sounds good i will try that i wont know if it works though for a while consideriong my front end is torn apart as i put my new clutch in it was goin good until i screwed up the starter :pc:

NashvilleLX-i
12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
I tried that but that didnt work any other ideas my dad was following me and said there was a possiblility that i dont have brake lights when i push the pedal either any other ideas could it be a short? i am interseted in looking around the car for problems too. i think the power that sould be goin to the taillights are goin into the door/ seatbelt light and buzzer is this possible should i look under the dash?