PDA

View Full Version : Anything else?

IN_ONE_ACCORD
11-24-2004, 06:23 AM
I'm replacing control arm and tie rod ends to fix alignment problem...question is, what else should I check since wheels are off? Also, how big a hassle is changing damper fork bushings, so I need a spring compressor for this or just remove bolt and replace?

86LXItooFAST4me
11-24-2004, 06:41 AM
might wanna check the lower ball joints. im not sure on the bushings, ive havent used spring compressors unless to change the springs.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
11-24-2004, 07:16 AM
If you are talking about the bushing in the lower control arm where the fork is attached, you will need to remove the whole arm and have the bushing pressed out. You don't need spring compressors for this, just a lot of liquid wrench to break loose the bolts and some time to take the arm to a shop or to your vise. Hope this helps. Some other thing to check would be the CV joint boots, the lower balljoint boots, play in the lower balljoints, worn stabilizer bar bushings.

IN_ONE_ACCORD
11-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys, actually the lower ball joints are fine. Damper fork bushings on bottom of strut look ok too. I'll definitely check the stabilizer bushings. They shouldn't be difficult.