PDA

View Full Version : help fuel lines

b20a86lude
11-24-2004, 07:47 AM
ok guys i need ur help badly as u know i have the b20a blacktop and im building it na and also i have a 86 prleude si i have completlly stripped down to the bone where its just the chasis any ways to the point i want to replace my fuel lines in braided stainless steel lines u know what im talkin about.But i have rci fuel cell and walboro fuel pump and i have a b16 mani fold on my b20 with a vortech fuel rail can someone tell me what fittings i need and how long do they have to be and about hte banjo fittings how do i get those guys im really really lost i know so much about motors in general but dont knwo shit in fuel lines and how little they are or how big they are rember im doing a na build or can somone order all my lines for me and of course ill pay u and pay extra for helping out or get u a accord oem part for free on the house if someone does my orderin cause if i go to the phone and try to say what i need then i wont know what to say except fuel lines i feel real retard can someone help im so lost on this fuel line dilema :uh: :huh:

RobT5580
11-24-2004, 08:59 AM
You really need to find someone close to you that can do it for you. The -an lines and fittings are VERY expensive so your going to blow a shit load of money on stuff you dont need. I personally would have stuck to the stock tank and lines to the engine bay unless its a track car only. The stock lines are good for plenty more power than any of us will ever see including my turbo setup.

And i believe the banjo fittings are discontinued so you will have to use the regular threaded fittings/adaptors. And i gave you the fitting number you need for the fuel rail which you need to have to connect the -6 line to the rail

AccordEpicenter
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
stock fuel rail and lines are good to 400hp or so. I dont see the need to upgrade unless your rubber lines are in piss poor condition or you need more flow

smufguy
11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
i hope you got my pm about ur question earlier.

As i stated in the pm, you would not need anything more than a stock fuel line if you are using stock type fuel pump, then you are good with the stock fuel line. Here is the physics behind the diameter of pipes.

Smaller the diameter, higher the pressure, bigger the diameter, lower the pressure. This is true only when the flow of fluid (in this case fuel) going thru is the same. I would suggest that you run the same size hose as the fittings on the pump outlet and the fuel filter inlet.

Smaller diameter pipes dont flow as good as the bigger ones does. This means that the bigger diameter pipes flow higher volume of fluid for a given flow rate. This is why i suggested that you run the hose that i have because 1) its easier to install 2) flows more volume than the stock pipe.

You dont have to worry about the pressure since for this automotive set up, you are correcting the fuel pressure via the fuel pressure regulator and it matches up to your setting.

As you might know, the lowering and raising the fuel pressure does not mean you are making the fuel pump spin and different speeds to get the different pressure. Even tho its logical way to think, thats not the way they operate since 1) the voltage going to them is constant 2) to preserve the life of the pump, all the pumps are operated at the constant speed. The changing fuel pressure is done by the vaccuum in ur manifold that opens and closes the spring loaded valve on the fuel pressure regulator. Low engine speed has higher vaccuum and higher engine speed has low vaccum. higher vaccuum pulls the spring valve lowering the restriction on the return line and lowering the fuel pressure and under low vaccuum there is less pull on the spring valve and hence increases the restriction on the return line and increasing the fuel pressure. This is a pretty neat mechanism.

To fully satisfy the fuel needs of the car, you are better off getting a AFC to change the fuel flow into the engine via the injectors which is done by setting your own AF ratio if im not mistaken.

Sorry i went too offtopic :)