PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!

Shady_Pro
11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey guys hows it going...ive been recommended to this site many times....ive got an 86 prelude a20a1...im in the middle of a rebuild...quikc overview of whats going on...all fully machined (vauge i know specs being worked out) b16 vic x edelbrock intake with 70mm tb...custom header...stage 2 cam/adj cam gear. im working out A) my first problem...

i want to raise the compresssion, these engines are really low to begin with so if i wanna bring it up....anyone have aftermarket pistons that aren't factory replacment and not custom...if u have custom what kinda are they info....opinions on raising compression...i know everyone seems to be all bout the turbo but im not going that route on this engine...

B) ive also want to attempt to do somthing with the fuel managment...(replacing pump and putting in pressure reg) and i know all the b-engines have "piggy back" systems that u can re-calibrate the fuel curve...does anyove know if i can use somthing like this....

anyone who took the time to read that i appricate and any help would be awesome guys

Dylan-epc

maka_RTH
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
as for the pistons, you could get some from diamond pistons. there's a sticky thread about it, or do a search, and a couple people have listed their order number so that diamond would know the specs. i haven't actually called them yet, so i don't know how it would go.., but i do know you can get pistons from them. as for fuel, i know you can get an external fuel pump, adj. regulator, and depending on the money you have, you could get an all out engine management system, or convert to obd1 using a non-vtec integra ecu(p75) and you could use uberdata or something with that. the main thread for that i believe is called "other ecu options".

Shady_Pro
11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
ya i read some of that and did do a search....im mostly on preludepower.com in the 2ng gen and we have alotta guys that know alot on there but its mostly the carbs everyone is into my buddy just bought webber 45's....