PDA

View Full Version : IC pipe kits

silly sohc
11-24-2004, 08:51 PM
who's making them for 3g Accords anyone? price?

Elijah
11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
? mabey Im haveing a stoner moment but what are you talking about?I want to think like fmic pipeing but if want something like that I hope your smart enough to know its custom.For each setup

Justin86
11-24-2004, 09:36 PM
yea either find an local shop that can do it for ya, or hit up JCwhitney for manderal bends and do the pipes your self.

silly sohc
11-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Reason why I ask is b/c I have a half accord here for mocking up turbo kits and what not... I've made a couple kits from it already, anyone think its worth while to make a upper pipe? enough interest to make a jig and produce when ordered?? everyones in demand for a turbo header...

Of course I know they are all different.... but the upper pipe is the same 95 %of the time w an A20 inside.

Justin86
11-25-2004, 10:42 AM
well it all depends on what people want, intercooler or none. Also to run an FMIC will require some trimming to the bumper and metal. I think something like this is best left for each person to decide what they want and take care of it, there is just to many options to cover.

smufguy
11-25-2004, 12:38 PM
its just test fit method. I suggest you do this with a PCV cheapo pipe first before actually starting to cut up some pipes. I would measure all the dimensions of where you wanna pass the pipe and draw a sketch on a paper with all the curves and bends and make life a lot easier.

shepherd79
11-26-2004, 03:28 PM
it will depend on what kind turbo people will run and what kind IC they will use.

AccordEpicenter
11-26-2004, 08:43 PM
yeah its soo custom fit that unless you have 100% of the parts to install/test fit everything i wouldnt start making the pipes, youll run into all kinds of little interference problems you didnt expect... just trust me

my86dx4dr
11-26-2004, 09:31 PM
ahhh its silly sohc. your the guy that made the wicked turbo manni for the a20 a while back. i remember you.

Keep up the good work!

truetune
11-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I think you turbo mani is great well a least it looks great.

RobT5580
11-27-2004, 01:10 PM
The charge piping is not all that different and i think it could be done easily. I bought Justin's old piping and the only major difference was my FMIC was longer so i cut some off the IC pipes. And the driverside i made a custom upper pipe to the turbo since im running the B20A and it has less clearance up front. Personally Justin's setup is perfect and looks nice and if you were to make them you could make all the pipes and just leave the upper driverside pipe up to the customer.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p54ef23dd33ab692a69c9f94ffa8be763/f6b232ad.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pe9acc60e39d725294c865e9530b34843/f61d5c5e.jpg
And the two pipes in and out of the IC are really just a 90 and maybe a 75 bend which just leaves the last pipe which is not bad since its exposed.

silly sohc
11-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Some of you get my idea.... yeah I don't know what happened to the manifold... but I can make them tighter now and out of stainless schedule 40 for those interested.

Anyways as for the ic pipe I usually make one and then a jig around it, most of my other kits are like that. No offence, but making one out of pvc is a p.i.t.a. Plus I usually order around 50 u bends at a time, so no real threat if the fist one doesn't turn out A1. You can't use PVC to hold a pipe in place b4 welding.... you can build inside a jig just as if you had the car handy.

AccordEpicenter
11-27-2004, 09:32 PM
yeah i have basically the same routing as yours. You have to be real careful that the upper ic pipe going to the tb doesnt rub on the brake lines near the shock tower, itll eat right through them. I have no more winshield washer bottle either, but i have a bigger ic core than you do rob

smufguy
11-28-2004, 06:26 AM
yeah i have basically the same routing as yours. You have to be real careful that the upper ic pipe going to the tb doesnt rub on the brake lines near the shock tower, itll eat right through them. I have no more winshield washer bottle either, but i have a bigger ic core than you do rob

yours is huge jason.

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/7295/car24.jpg

RobT5580
11-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Yeah same layout and i bought my IC first and just went by a rough measurement. I wish i waited because i want a bigger core and im thinking about having an open grill when and if i get the xenon kit.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pe4a4689aad9fb3a7dc4a6dd875b119f7/f75f9c6e.jpg
I want to fill the whole space and not show any endtanks. As for the lower driverside pipe im going to change that and go right into the engine bay next to the radiator. Im going to do that because i want to run power steering still and its just to tight plus it would look cleaner and give me my windshield washer resivoir back.

smufguy
11-28-2004, 10:28 AM
that would be a nice idea rob, but our only hurdle is the space behind the stock bumper and the front rad support frame and the main box frame. There is not enough clearance to put a thicker core IC in there. Damn 3g :(

RobT5580
11-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Im not going thicker just larger width and height wise. I just want to fill in the space especially if i do open up the grill area which im not sure of doing yet. Im probably going to cut a bumper and see how it looks and go from there. Plus a longer tank will let me use a 90 degree silicone coupling to get back in the engine bay and keep things clean.

smufguy
11-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Im not going thicker just larger width and height wise. I just want to fill in the space especially if i do open up the grill area which im not sure of doing yet. Im probably going to cut a bumper and see how it looks and go from there. Plus a longer tank will let me use a 90 degree silicone coupling to get back in the engine bay and keep things clean.

have you measured the clearance behind the bumper to the frame? i wanna do it and see what is the max thickness we can get.

A longer core would be awsome and i wanna know how much high we can go and yet keeping the efficiency of the IC pretty close to its max. Cause the gap we got is just not enough .:(

silly sohc
11-28-2004, 06:31 PM
hey how many of you have run water to air? a good solution to large ic's getting in the way of a stock rad support. 3"x6"x10" is good enough for up to 400hp. Pretty efficent witha small rad up front.

smufguy
11-28-2004, 06:35 PM
hey how many of you have run water to air? a good solution to large ic's getting in the way of a stock rad support. 3"x6"x10" is good enough for up to 400hp. Pretty efficent witha small rad up front.

only one. Jhonny runs it on his drag 3g the last time i saw him. His set up is pretty big and takes up all his pass side area. he could only manage low 12s and high 11s on that set up but was running mid 10s on the air to air.

for a daily driver, i would stick with the reg air to air and not worry about the water to air.

RobT5580
11-28-2004, 06:46 PM
have you measured the clearance behind the bumper to the frame? i wanna do it and see what is the max thickness we can get.

A longer core would be awsome and i wanna know how much high we can go and yet keeping the efficiency of the IC pretty close to its max. Cause the gap we got is just not enough .:(

Its pretty tight as i trimmed a little of my bumper support so i have to check when i pull it apart next time. But it can be done with the right size intercooler and the guy i bought my spearco from can get pretty much any size core so if i do the measurements im sure i can get what i want. But if i do what you did and take out the grill i want it to sit closer to the front of the bumper and not have any gap like yours and just show all tank. I think that would look awesome with the xenon kit although giving up sleeper status. I will keep you posted in the spring when i get things rolling and hopefully get things prepped for paint.

smufguy
11-28-2004, 08:50 PM
rob, email me some high res pics bro. I need them for my site.

AccordEpicenter
11-29-2004, 07:48 AM
i cant imagine that anything over 3" or so thick would be that great. Smurf, hows your site coming?

smufguy
11-29-2004, 08:15 AM
i cant imagine that anything over 3" or so thick would be that great. Smurf, hows your site coming?

im just gathering information and writing down specs, the site is still under construction and i will put all the new stuff by the end of next month and no later than january. im still waiting for you to take some more pics of your car jason ;) the rides section is gonna be really nice.

AccordEpicenter
11-29-2004, 03:53 PM
hmm i think i gave you the ones i have right now, the black rocket is in storage and i dont have a digital cam... One things for sure is that shes getting a new T3 in the spring, followed by possibly water/alchohol injection. I wanna make the stock bottom end last as long as possible/embarrass as many people as possible on a 135k mi factory shortblock