PDA

View Full Version : battery problem

johndej
11-26-2004, 10:32 PM
alright, i've been away at school and just got back for thanksgiving break. well, the 3g has had a bit of a battery drain thats caused it to go dead in about a week if noone drives it in that time enough for the alternator to do its job. the alternator on it has been there since like march of last year and the battery since jan. both seemed to be doing good for me driving it everyday but today driving w/ my friends i stopped at wendys drive through and pulling out it felt sluggish. then at the next stoplight the lights dimmed, i knew i had a problem and managed to drive hard (doing like 55 in 3rd gear to keep the alternater running strong as i could) and got to my friends house and literaly coasted down his driveway as the 3g compleatly died on me. i mean as soon as i saw it had a problem i cut all the heat/cdplayer to cut down the drain and i thought i'd last a bit longer. anybody have any suggestions of what i've gotta do to keep this from happening agian other than get a new battery and maybe new alternator (this one may still be good but i doubt it) or any idea on the drain, i know i've got a front headlight that is always dimmer than the other so i'm guessing that could be a short. oh well, hope noone else has had this problem or if they have then they help me.

shepherd79
11-27-2004, 05:10 AM
sorry, but your alternator took a dump. you need a new one.

johndej
11-27-2004, 09:12 PM
yeah, i was counting on that much. oh well, i think if we take our charger over there i can get it back to my house (like 2miles away) and it will sit in the back yard till i get off for winter break to fix it.