PDA

View Full Version : weird trouble

od2681
11-26-2004, 11:30 PM
my car is having some issues nowadays
i dont know whats wrong
like the car would start sometimes and wont sometimes...
like on thanksgivings day...i parked my car went to a fast food place to get lunch..came back and the car wouldnt start..
it cranked...and caught some spark and dwindled down..then it just wouldnt ignite... i was stuck ther for an hour..
it did somethin like this before and at the end i smelled feul when it did start up usually bout 5 mins later...
i was stuck for an hour .
guy from work gave me jump and then it started
i thought it was the battery then...changed it cuzz it was actually bad when checked out...changed sparkplug cables cuzz they seemed a bit coroded...also changed the spark plugs...nope
still did it ...it dindt start...i pressed the gas all the way down and then started it and it worked....but after five mins..did the same thing again...
anyone knwo what this might be....

BlueBead
11-27-2004, 12:12 AM
I'd check your fuel; It could be your pump is screwed. I had a problem with my fuel filters and startups, but only when the engine was cold. Otherwise you might check your battery cables; I know that has been an issue for some members. Did you check you're ECU for codes? Hoepfulyy somebody else has had this same problem and can help you out.
Good luck man

od2681
11-27-2004, 12:17 AM
for a long time my ecu has thrown code for the egr sensor...i changed it..still threw the same damn code
i might go look at it tomorrow...

shepherd79
11-27-2004, 05:08 AM
did you reset ECU after you changed the EGR valve?
most of the time, it is not the EGR valve itself, it is the solenoid inside the black box.

od2681
11-27-2004, 09:17 AM
how do i reset hte ecu...i thought it was just disconecting the battery terminals and it resets

superdesi
11-30-2004, 06:12 PM
You can either disconnect the battery, or you can remove fuse #10 or #11 in the engine compartment for 30 seconds :)

od2681
11-30-2004, 06:37 PM
damn..it should have been reset along time ago..ive done that many times....
probably the solenoid is messed up

oh yeah trouble is mysteriously gone now....probably will come back once spring comes along