PDA

View Full Version : LED Lights

3gn86lxi
11-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Hey Guys
My work is starting to sell auto accesories. Stereo's, neon kits, ect. I am going to put on a full LED under car kit, with wheelwell LED's.
What do you think......Ghey!!!Or Cool!!! I'm getting it all at cost so I can demo it to help sell it, I think it's a pretty sick setup. It has, (believe it) 2.1 million colors that you can switch from. And different patterns too.
Normally I wouldn't go for this kindof stuff, but it will help my business and it would be kindof neat!!
Anyway...... what do you think?? I'm still more performance than show....but this will help me make money!! :alc:

BlueBead
11-27-2004, 11:20 PM
sounds like it has potential. Being able to change the colour would be waaay better than having to stick with one shade of one colour like with neons. As long as the intensity is comparable with the neon kits, I'd go for it.
How much do these kits run (retail)? Damn nice that you can get it at cost!
I'd like to see some pics...

3gn86lxi
11-27-2004, 11:47 PM
They are Waaayyyyy brighter than standard neons. For everything, kit with wheelwell lights it'd be bout $225 or so. Seeing as I would'nt have to pay labor. We put them on a Firebird, and man........they are really cool, very bright.
I think that I am going to do it, bout the beginning of the year. So I'll post pics if I do it. And yea, the color change abilaty will be a big factor.
Retail the whole kit would be bout $500 installed.

Sabz5150
11-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey Guys
My work is starting to sell auto accesories. Stereo's, neon kits, ect. I am going to put on a full LED under car kit, with wheelwell LED's.
What do you think......Ghey!!!Or Cool!!! I'm getting it all at cost so I can demo it to help sell it, I think it's a pretty sick setup. It has, (believe it) 2.1 million colors that you can switch from. And different patterns too.
Normally I wouldn't go for this kindof stuff, but it will help my business and it would be kindof neat!!
Anyway...... what do you think?? I'm still more performance than show....but this will help me make money!! :alc:

I've seen 'em. Like to crack the control box open and see what they're using, I'm doing something very similar except with the interior lights and I need to find a good low cost way of driving them with say, a computer serial port.

Mattphi
11-28-2004, 12:42 PM
hell yea man, i say go for it...keep it whatever color you want and if the local Po-Po's wanna give you any shit, change them to like green or somethin lol. Sounds like a good plan tho, post some pics when ur done